Diving off of your own boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey glad you do it for the love,And glad to see you had a blast! you should have no problem with locating dive pals with a sweet boat,The waiver thing is good but our main SC. ATTY, said with out a preformed contract the exchange of a service as you offer no service,,,,for $$ it may or may not hold water,but not bad to have a person we have not dove with sign a generic release,as said to me its not the descased diver that will sue you its the Mr,Mrs. or and kids that lawyer up.Oh ask skill level too, had a diver try to hood wink me on a deeper dive off my boat with no skill level to show for it & lack of proper equipment was the tip!
Dive safe

So the obvious next thing is having guests on to dive, and liability waivers. I suppose that is ultimately a conversation for my Attorney and I, but what do most people do? Do you make a friend sign a waiver? What about if something happens to that person, and their insurance company sues you? Is it better to just not have any waiver at all? Its too bad that I have to consider this as well, but fishing was one thing. The danger level goes up considerably when diving.

EMT/Trauma shears. When Patients come into any ER/Amberlamps and their clothing has to be removed, its usually cut off before they can object.

If it did happen, I would be able to sleep easier knowing that I had missed the window vs not having an AED on board

I'm a student at FAU and have noticed the lack of AED's on campus.. Weird

You do realize AEDs run over a thousand dollars each?

Hey, it's only money... when it's not your money. Hell, if you want to know what I want on a dive boat... mind you, not the boat I own, but one I dive off for free.. well, I want:

1. An O2 Kit
2. An AED
3. An Open Heart surgeon on duty.
4. A mini dive chamber
5. Hooters girls

You realize boots run thousands of dollars each?
:mooner:

Blackvans, thanks for the advice on that. A certain level of discretion will definitely be in order. Meetup groups are definitely a fun way to meet people. Didn't we meet he other day at the LBTS morning beach dive? I was the guy who caught the lobster!

AHA!
I knew it was you!

Chances are you're going to be remembered as the guy with not enough weight :D
But its okay because Ray is going to be remembered as the guy who threw up (rough surf/current the other night for a twilight beach dive)

Well we just logged a 120' dive off the boat yesterday morning, and we drift dove divers all afternoon yesterday. At the end of the day I had my dive buddy in the water playing mechanic, switching props. (Long booring story) anyway, We are diving on the boat again today. We are better equipped and safer than any charter boat could ever be. I have come to the conclusion that there is a perceived safety in numbers in my case. Thanks for everyone's input.

I never thought about changing props for the ride back in - always went with the same prop going in that went out. You're way ahead of me in technical boating.

Must have been one hellova strong current coming back??:D

Nice job on getting wet diving off of your boat. I also commend you for asking and more important, following through.

I have dove off of a few nice boats. When one of the owner is a navy capt and he has it decked out with every conceivable thing you might need including a side scan sonar. The boys got everything, I mean EVERYTHING is labeled, noted, inventoried and in its place. It is a shear pleasure when I get out go out on FREEDOM.:D You don't realize how spoiled you are until you get on a cattle boat once a year or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom