Diving Naked - Stupid/Fun Topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive naked? No thanks... Especially if one may have piercings on their privates! (which I do not). For those who do ya want your privates flickering and flashing like a lure?

I well remember the day I was on a cattle boat that picked up a full load of divers from the Palace resort. All of them were wearing enough bling bling and gold necklaces and bracelets that they probably had no need to add any lead in their BC's. While they were all chatting about their private in-room jetted tubs and dinners and massages and such I pulled one aside and mentioned ,"Ya know those earrings necklaces and bracelets may as well be shiny lures for the Barracuda... You may want to take all that off and leave it on the boat if you want to keep you ears". And then I walked away and watched the commentary spread. Within a few minutes everyone was taking off all jewelry and trying to figure out how to stow it all on the boat before the 1st dive. Was that mean on my part? Perhaps but at least they didn't lose all that jewelry on their dives.

Not necessarily mean; I remember seeing a few years ago a photo someone posted of the inside of a barracuda's mouth. The lens was shiny.

Back in the early 90s I saw a group of about 8 divers all with only BCs. I can tell you, men should not do it.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
That's sexist but it is your boat.

In all my years I’ve only had two people on trips go all out even though a large number have celebrated dive 100. Mostly images with a sign.
The two daring souls braved the elements in Roatan and the other, Cozumel.

A few months back we chartered our boat to a group of 6 divers that wanted to be naked for their dives. I first confirmed with my staff that they'd be okay with this, then confirmed with the divers that clothes had to remain on while in harbor and no funny business would happen. Long story short, only two of the six got naked for their dives an according to my staff it was just a ho-hum experience.

I never heard of the 100-dive naked bit until I began working as a DM and this was long after my 100th dive.

Many years ago when I was working in Utila the dive team would get bored and play a dice game. I have no clue if this game had a name, but its went like this - 6 people would play and each would be assigned a number 1 - 6. One person would have the dice and as they were tossing the roll, they'd announce the dare. If your number came up, you had to take the dare, no questions asked. Of course the person rolling the dice also had a number, so it usually kept things from getting too crazy - until the rum kicked in. Anyway, on one of the many occasions where I lost the roll, I got stuck doing a naked night penetration dive on the Haliburton wreck, requiring me to enter the smoke stack, swim through the hallways, and exit the helm. Suffice it to say, my trim was spot on that evening.

Oh to be young again.

I got stuck doing a naked night penetration dive on the Haliburton wreck, requiring me to enter the smoke stack, swim through the hallways, and exit the helm. Suffice it to say, my trim was spot on that evening.

I'm not sure I would advocate for this, but it sure could speed up the buoyancy/trim learning curve for new divers!!!! :rofl3:

A 70 year old retired DM at our local lake celebrated his 1000th dive by going 'commando'. When he surfaced one elderly lady asked her friend what he was wearing. She replied "I don't know, but whatever it is it needs ironing"

OK, I made the second bit up, but the first part is true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom