Diving Naked - Stupid/Fun Topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kicker1866

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was looking back through my log book the other day and saw my notes on my 100th dive. My dive group made a pact that whenever we hit increments of 100....the dive would au naturale. This only lasted to Dive No. 100. Mine was on Frank's Live-a-Board ( sorry, Wookie) off Key West.

But thinking about it it got me curious. Has anyone every splashed ever dove naked?

If so, what were the circumstances. Where at? Why? Who was in your group?

I don't know why, but I leave every dive trip with my fingers all cut up and I cannot figure out how or when it is happening. I'm in the less danglies group.

I've never kept a log book or counted my dives which I've always thought was a strange practice. Do you keep track of how many times you've ridden a bike?

Do you keep track of how many times you've ridden a bike?
Doesn't everyone? From the very first time they have all been learning experiences. Including the one that ended in an ambulance ride. Kind of like diving (not the ambulance).

On another note, I've never started a dive in the buff, but did have occasion to become that way during the dive. One of the best uses of air I can remember. :wink:

Cheers -

It was the same in our group of divers. I was across the dingy from Mr. 100 dives. Gah, I'm blind, I'm blind!! Shortly thereafter, when I hit 100, my lips were sealed and none was the wiser.

I don't know why, but I leave every dive trip with my fingers all cut up and I cannot figure out how or when it is happening.
Yeah, skin gets soft when soaked in water for extended periods. I had the same thing happen to me for about a decade. Finally, I realized that the end of the zip tie I used to affix my computer to a double-ender was cut to a point, and that is what was slicing me up. so I filed it down and it never happened again.
(As an aside, that computer gave up the ghost a few years ago, so now I have a wrist-mount and a bolt-snap tied to the SPG hose.)
I've never started a dive in the buff, but did have occasion to become that way during the dive.
I'm sure that made for an interesting logbook entry. Bonus points if you were diving dry!

I don't think its DIR so NO. Besides, it's an entanglement hazard.:wink::(

Braggart

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom