Diving in Central Kentucky??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be coming home from finishing my Full Cave Diving class in FL at that time, so I won't be able to make it. I remember one of my first dives outside of OW class, It was an underwater Monopoly game. What Fun! :dork2: I played Monopoly for an hour! Then the next crew took over. I have done a few treasure hunts & those are a blast! I won a PADI Instructor's Brief Case (& wouldn't you know it,.... I'm SSI):mooner: & another time I won a very nice Pelican dry box:cool2:. A treasure hunt will be a great way to start your diving career, just expect complete 0 vis. All those divers scouring the bottom for golf balls or cattle ear tags (or whatever they use), stirs the water up very badly. You'll have a blast! I can almost guarantee it.:wink:

Ok, sounds like I should preregister for the treasure hunt then, just hope i can get in since my pa wont be diving with me anymore at all (16, FRP not allowed unless 18 i think). Time to look for some dive buddies

I think FRP will let you in with a guardian signature. Talk to Joe at the quarry.

The 30th I am off doing a hot air balloon event.

Sounds great, everything is taken care of except a dive buddy, ugh tho... i dont want to slow a more experienced diver down

i dont want to slow a more experienced diver down

That shouldn't be much of an issue, Mitch. Most experienced divers don't mind diving with beginners. I certainly don't. It's sort of a "pay it forward" mentallity with a lot of divers. They were once in the same boat as you- New, no buddy & very little experience. It's sort of an unspoken mentorship within the diving community. A lot of people see it as "helping the next generation of divers". I don't forget where I came from. Just be a safe, calm diver & before you know it, you'll have plenty of buddies & some good friends.:wink:

Lol, thanks a ton, ur good at that. haha

Man Chris, i just found out you are only round 8 miles from me, lol. i finally got on buddy finder

If your Dad will sign a release I bet you could work something out with Joe. Especially if your diving with a Dive shop or one of the regulars.

Yeah, im diving with paradise divers that day, its their cookout and everything, im even using their gear. so I can prolly get in, thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom