Diving april 6th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We might meet some of you there.

The wife and I are trying to decide where to dive this weekend. Rainbow River or Pelham???

Pelham sounds a good idea. It would be nice to meet some other scuba junkies aswell.

we can take my truck,would have more room for all the gear,jason should fit in the back seat. With my 7mill suit with one 72 I was using 16 lbs,probably lost a few lbs of buoyancy from my bc and gained about 3lbs with the alum plate and harness,figure about 5 more with the manifold and bands. I am guessing between 5- 10 lbs,will only have 1 first stage,it is a vintage j valve manifold,I am using that to get the feel of the doubles until later,then will prob. double up lp77s or hp 100s,need another tank for one of those combos and a isolation manifold,might just keep the 72s the way they are,vintage 60s technology. I am ready to go do some diving,do they have a shallow area to get a feel for the doubles before jumping into the deep end?

would like to see you out there reefwatcher,we will probably be in my big red dodge truck with scuba stickers on the back window of the camper truck,I will be the one faceplanted in the water wearing doubles.:confused: come say hi to us.

would like to see you out there reefwatcher,we will probably be in my big red dodge truck with scuba stickers on the back window of the camper truck,I will be the one faceplanted in the water wearing doubles.:confused: come say hi to us.

You may be faceplanted, and I'll be looking goofy trying to equalize in a FFM.

Pelham is looking like a more of possibility for us since Crystal River Dive Center isn't running a charter Saturday.

We want to spend the weekend diving. Is there enough to do in 2 days?:popcorn:

All I carry is a few things that I can get into a small bag, I don't carry my tanks :) just BC, reg bag, fins and weight bag. Can rent tanks there right? I travel small, how else do you think I carry my stuff on vacations. I also have no problems with Renting anything other than what I listed. :) I'll Talk to Jack bout a Dry suit tomorrow though HA HA HA I need to take some dry dry . . . . Wait who said DUI Dog Days???????

PS, I have a 5' x 8' trailer that we can take if we all just want to pile in the Jeep. :)

See, now we have a plan, Top down on the Jeep, sposed to be a nice weekend. draggin the gear on the trailer. Oh man, I have 4 straps, will go get a tag for it tomorrow, the trailer, and we'll sun in the wind on the way back.

sounds like a great weekend, enjoy it... Ill be stuck in Statesboro visiting GA Southern.

IIll have to get back in the water soon. Specially now that my 3/2 fits little better, it iddnt afte rxmas, too much beer. :/

Have fun!

we wont have any trouble getting it all in my truck,have a camper top on it. I am going to bring my little grill to cookout during the si,plus chairs,a set of doubles,2 more tanks,wetsuits,bcs,ect. I use to travel light,1 tank,1 reg,mask and fins and a snorkel but those days are over.

we can take my truck,would have more room for all the gear,jason should fit in the back seat. With my 7mill suit with one 72 I was using 16 lbs,probably lost a few lbs of buoyancy from my bc and gained about 3lbs with the alum plate and harness,figure about 5 more with the manifold and bands. I am guessing between 5- 10 lbs,will only have 1 first stage,it is a vintage j valve manifold,I am using that to get the feel of the doubles until later,then will prob. double up lp77s or hp 100s,need another tank for one of those combos and a isolation manifold,might just keep the 72s the way they are,vintage 60s technology. I am ready to go do some diving,do they have a shallow area to get a feel for the doubles before jumping into the deep end?

ok. do you want to swing by here, pick me up, then catch up with Jason somewhere?

Figure 2 lbs for your bc. I'm not sure which tanks you have, but the Faber steel 72 is negative 1.67lbs empty with valve. so absent the bc and tank you needed 15.33 - say 16 lbs to be neutral with your wetsuit and gear on with one regulator set.

Now, figure the manifold, additional tank and valve, additional 1st stage, al backplate and harness add up to about 10 lbs. that means you will need an additional 6 lbs to be neutral at empty. that means you will be overweighted by the weight of air in your tanks - 11.6 lbs - at the start of the dive, more at depth. with a steel bp you should be almost dead on, maybe a pound or two short.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom