Tubbahtaha early April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleomagic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We were booked on the Philippine Aggressor II to go to Tubbataha starting April 6th, and just found out the boat is not going to be ready to set sail until April 20th. Our flights are already booked, and it looks like M/Y Palau Sport has rooms from April 6th-12th. We have been looking for reviews and have not found much information. Has anyone here been on the M/Y Palau Sport? How was it? How was the food, crew, attention to detail (in regards to safety, dive briefings, etc.)

Thank you in advance for the feedback!

I'll be in the same situation, we were booked for the week of the 13th. Thanks for the heads up on this (haven't heard anything from Aggressor)

I'll be in the same situation, we were booked for the week of the 13th. Thanks for the heads up on this (haven't heard anything from Aggressor)
We received an e-mail from Marisa a couple of days ago informing us that the boat would not be ready. We took the option for the full refund. We called Marisa and talked to Beth in Accounting yesterday. Our full refund showed up in our checking account today. I recommend you talk to Marisa at Aggressor - you will receive a faster response.

We are still trying to figure out what to do.... We have reserved a suite on the Palau Sport (they are going to Tubbataha the same week) and have until Feb 13th to make up our mind.... They are the only boat we have been able to find with any availability. The only reason we are "pausing" on submitting payment is we can find very little information on them.

We had booked via bluewater so I sent a note out over to our person there. I see space on Stella Maris Explorer for the week we were going to go, but I haven't started researching them yet.

'll probably opt for a full refund as well but maybe just switch to land based i guess if there isn't a decent option. To late to switch to another destination (almost did Maldives) since I have flights booked everywhere.

Wanted to provide an update - we have been exchanging communication with the owner of the Palau Sport and have some additional information. It was purchased by Hawkeye Marine in late 2022, and they refurbished the interior of the boat - rooms, en-suites, etc. in early 2023. It is now dedicated to sailing only in the Philippines. At this time, we are leaning towards booking Palau Sport's Tubbataha trip from April 6-12th, and we will provide a trip report once we are back in the States.

@cleomagic - it looks like there is a a room open on Atlantis Azores for your week as well. It's def more money because it's the owner suite.

I'll have to change my dates, which is just a ripple effect. We are leaning on doing the Azores boat vs waiting until May 4th for the Aggressor boat. I'm hesitant right now to even do May 4th on the Aggressor because I don't want to be right here again in a couple weeks.

I agree, for us it's not to bad from moving from a balcony room on the aggressor to just a normal room on it (still costs more). I'm not quite sure why they charge quite a bit more than the rest of the boats.

I'm just waiting for confirmation before I start moving flights and such. Let me know how you end up.

What date did you end up moving to?

I'm waiting on confirmation for the April 27th on Azores right now (my backup plan is May 4th back on Aggressor).

Back
Top Bottom