Diving 32% Nitrox with "Air" Algorithms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And it’s still in use?!
Nothing wrong with that! And I am not the only one.
Nope. Changing PPO2 should be something that can be done by the user. I have no idea what hardware the shop has for that computer. I’m surprised if they still have that hardware.
It was supplied by Uwatec at that time.
I am not sure if it is compatible with any modern computer.

The setting is done with the DataTrak software and the right interface cable.
There you go.
I have to invest some money on that! I did not.
A 20+ year old dive computer? Given how rapidly technology changes. Better you than me. No thank you!
Technology! Any break through on regulator?
I have seen regulators a lot older than 25yrs are still being used.

It was supplied by Uwatec at that time.
I am not sure if it is compatible with any modern computer.
I’m sure it’s not. Hence my surprise if the shop still has a functioning cable for that dive computer. There’s even a possibility that the software won’t run a modern desktop or laptop computer.

Maybe they keep that Windows 95 machine with the Pentium processor alive just for your DC.

Modern dive computers tend to not use cables.

We are talking about computers. Regulators are different as they are all mechanical.

Computers, on the other hand are electronic, and there have been tons of advancements in the past 28 years. More storage space, faster processors, etc. Tons of advancements.

There you go.
I have to invest some money on that! I did not.

Who’s talking about regulators? Thus is a COMPUTER!! Electronic technology is what I meant. Again, better you than me.

We are talking about computers. Regulators are different as they are all mechanical.

Computers, on the other hand are electronic, and there have been tons of advancements in the past 28 years. More storage space, faster processors, etc. Tons of advancements.
The difference between an 8051 and an STM32 microprocessor is like the difference between a Ford Model T and a Formula 1 race car.

If we want to go down the path of ridiculousness, let's talk about the lack of innovation in shovels!

Gotta wonder if they'll still be putting in the wrong numbers in 2064 and expect useful output.

On two occasions I have been asked, — "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" In one case a member of the Upper, and in the other a member of the Lower, House put this question. I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher (1864), ch. 5 "Difference Engine No. 1"

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13

What is that going to do with dc?
Are you suggesting by using modern day dc the ndl will be extended and the deco time is shorter?
I have dived with diver using SW and their ndl is no better than my ancient dc.

Back
Top Bottom