Divin' Duds: Whatcha Wearing & Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

annasea

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm off to Florida next month to start my OW (again)! At the top of my Things-to-Buy list is a swimsuit -- preferably a tankini -- that works well in the pool in addition to under a wetsuit.

I've done some research and it seems that some women prefer to wear a dive skin under their wetsuit instead. I've had a look at them and I must say, I'm not too interested in wearing a full-length garment (dive skin) under a full-length wetsuit.

My questions are:

Do you prefer to wear a swimsuit or a dive skin under your wetsuit?

If you're wearing a dive skin, my understanding is the wetsuit (especially when wet) slides over it more easily, but just how comfortable is it? (I don't like wearing tight layers.)

If you're wearing a swimsuit, what type and why? For example, other than dingly-dangly things found on *fashion* swimsuits, is there anything else I should be aware of or avoid? (fabric, cut, support, etc.)

TIA! :)

annasea:
Do you prefer to wear a swimsuit or a dive skin under your wetsuit?
No. I don't generally wear anything under my wetsuit. With a drysuit, I wear an undergarment, but I don't usually wear anything under that either. I find I'm more comfortable that way, and since I can change under a towel or in a restroom or head, modesty isn't really an issue.

When swimming, I usually wear a swimsuit.

MSilvia:
No. I don't generally wear anything under my wetsuit. With a drysuit, I wear an undergarment, but I don't usually wear anything under that either. I find I'm more comfortable that way, and since I can change under a towel or in a restroom or head, modesty isn't really an issue.

When swimming, I usually wear a swimsuit.
Its good to see the males point of view for this "Women's View" thread. :wink: or maybe Matt leans a bit towards Brokeback Scuba :wink:

Jeff i can't believe you dropped your subliminal message

H2Andy:
Jeff i can't believe you dropped your subliminal message
I intend to change it daily

ah... ok

mum's the word

JeffG:
Its good to see the males point of view for this "Women's View" thread. :wink: or maybe Matt leans a bit towards Brokeback Scuba :wink:
I guess that's what I get for neglecting to check the forum heading.

annasea:

i don't like "sticky" things next to my skin, so i thought i might not like my
dive skin, but it went ok... it dried quickly, and it kept the sun off me.

also, it's a lot easier to get into a wetsuit while wearing a skin

MSilvia:
I guess that's what I get for neglecting to check the forum heading.
No hard feelings I hope.

I usually wear either a tankini or a one peice. I have not tried a skin yet but I do dive with some other ladies that love it and will only wear that. I think it is just your choice of what you are comfortable in. Good luck and have a great time diving in FL. Where are you going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom