Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnydive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is anyone has a review of the divertug dpv, vs a blacktip or a seacraft, depending the model. The price may vary up to 4Kishh

Hey Johnny,
I’ve got one of their base model torn down now in my shop. Belongs to a dive buddy. Speed is roughly half of a blacktip or Mako. Buoyancy was pretty good in fresh water although it was nose up from memory. Has a basic variable output electronic speed controller managed by a Hall Effect switch. I can’t find any reference to accessing software for the ESC. Battery is rechargeable via an external plug and it’s light weight compared to my Mako which is nice.

So, that’s the good. Bad is the ESC quit on this one and dealers in Europe only want to send in the entire DPV. Hoping for better response from the dealer in Montreal. I sent them an email last week. No response yet; likely due to the holiday.

Meanwhile, I’m on the hunt for a low cost brushed ESC that can accept a reed switch or Hall effect control switch. Considering the route of a motor controller managed by a separate programmable microprocessor - raspberry pi, arduino, etc. so I can build in all the nifty speed adjustments, battery status outputs, etc.

Please let me know if any of this is helpful.

Hey Johnny,
I’ve got one of their base model torn down now in my shop. Belongs to a dive buddy. Speed is roughly half of a blacktip or Mako. Buoyancy was pretty good in fresh water although it was nose up from memory. Has a basic variable output electronic speed controller managed by a Hall Effect switch. I can’t find any reference to accessing software for the ESC. Battery is rechargeable via an external plug and it’s light weight compared to my Mako which is nice.

So, that’s the good. Bad is the ESC quit on this one and dealers in Europe only want to send in the entire DPV. Hoping for better response from the dealer in Montreal. I sent them an email last week. No response yet; likely due to the holiday.

Meanwhile, I’m on the hunt for a low cost brushed ESC that can accept a reed switch or Hall effect control switch.

Please let me know if any of this is helpful.
yes it is! help me narrowing down the choice. I heard a lot of good review on the genessis but can't justify that price plus a eCCR on the same year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom