Question Anyone received the New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Has anyone here ordered and received the new Seacraft Go! DPV?

I contacted Seacraft in Poland few months ago about buying the Go DPV and was told that delivery was expected in October/November. Now they are saying mid-2024 for orders placed now. They are justifying this incredible delay by stating that there is "huge" demand for this model.

Anyone knows the real true story here?

BTW, my questions are directed PRIMARILY to divers/end users but I want to know if ANYONE has received production units of the GO DPV (not just samples for marketing purposes).

Several of my friends have orders in for them. Huge demand seems reasonable to me.

Several of my friends have orders in for them. Huge demand seems reasonable to me.
I'm not surprised that they have tons of orders. There doesn't seem to be any other DPV in that category and the specs are well within what most people need.

What I'm wondering is, why OP is asking for the 'real story'.

I'm not surprised that they have tons of orders. There doesn't seem to be any other DPV in that category and the specs are well within what most people need.

What I'm wondering is, why OP is asking for the 'real story'.

Well, they were showing the Go at DEMA in 2022. They said then that they were expecting to start delivering them in February, 2023, IIRC.

Now they are saying mid-2024 for orders placed now?

What @BoltSnap asked is if ANYONE has received their Go.

If people ARE receiving them already, then "a huge demand" would explain why an order today will take a long time to receive.

On the other hand, if we are 5 months past the original date and NOBODY has received theirs yet, then a huge demand would still PARTLY explain why it will take so long to receive one - but it doesn't seem like the whole story.

Maybe he should have asked, "if nobody has received theirs yet, does anybody know why initial deliveries are so far behind the previously announced schedule?"

His question wasn't 'directed at divers/end users' though.

My question is actually directed to divers/end users. Auto correct, or me, made a spelling mistake and by the time I realized it, it was too late to change it and because I am traveling in and out of internet coverage, I just couldn't do anything until now. I reported the issue to the Mods who I hope that will edit/change my post.

I requested the mods change it to read:
"BTW, my questions are directed PRIMARILY to divers/end users but I want to know if ANYONE has received production units of the GO DPV (not just samples for marketing purposes)."

Well, they were showing the Go at DEMA in 2022. They said then that they were expecting to start delivering them in February, 2023, IIRC.

Now they are saying mid-2024 for orders placed now?

What @BoltSnap asked is if ANYONE has received their Go.

If people ARE receiving them already, then "a huge demand" would explain why an order today will take a long time to receive.

On the other hand, if we are 5 months past the original date and NOBODY has received theirs yet, then a huge demand would still PARTLY explain why it will take so long to receive one - but it doesn't seem like the whole story.

Maybe he should have asked, "if nobody has received theirs yet, does anybody know why initial deliveries are so far behind the previously announced schedule?"

You are right in the greater majority of what you said but having a huge demand shouldn't stop them from shipping whatever they were supposed to come out when they said initially they would come out. If they were planning to manufacture only 100 units but the demand was for 10,000 units and they were caught off guard, they should have had the 100 out the door to users on first ordered, first served, with the rest put on a waiting list and their units delivered as production allows it. Their not coming out with ANY units for this long about 8 months past their initial announced release date where NO end users receiving any production units at all is concerning and can only indicate issues/problems of some sort with their production.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom