Diver Vs. Octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bs

Well, it *WOULD* pucker you up a little to have that thing pull off your mask and pull your reg out of your mouth...

D.

I think that was Stacy Keach narrating...

Looks for real.
But, the REAL question is: Which one sucked more???
The octopus or his so called buddy? (some buddy eh)

This was on animal planet yesterday! The show was called ocean's deadliest creatures or something like that. The segment they showed was a bit longer and looked pretty real to me. Most of the other people interviewed were shark attack victims, there was a wolf eel victim, barracuda, pilot whale and crocs. Pretty nasty incidents several involving divers.

As for this guy in the video, they show him grabbing the octo's arms and messing with it before the attack. You kind of don't blame the octopus in the end, I personally prefer to not touch anything underwater.

TinoD'Voe:
As for this guy in the video, they show him grabbing the octo's arms and messing with it before the attack. You kind of don't blame the octopus in the end, I personally prefer to not touch anything underwater.
Sounds like the diver set it up, then hammed it up a bit, with an agreement with the buddy: "Hold this expensive camera on me and make us some money." :D

For pete's sake if I'M going to get eaten by something SOMEBODY better get it on film! I keep telling my husband that, besides he'll need to sell the footage because let's face it, my life insurance policy isn't that great :D I'm worth more alive than dead and intend to keep it that way :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

I wouldnt call it a total hoax, after seening the video of the Pacific Octopus about that size killing sharks in the aquarium. :11:

Daylonious:
Well, it *WOULD* pucker you up a little to have that thing pull off your mask and pull your reg out of your mouth...

D.

I think that was Stacy Keach narrating...
Gotta watch out for those octopus. I had one attack my fin in 155 ft of water on Snake Wall in Naniamo BC. I thought some dofus was tugging on my fin, but it was a 6ft octopus looking for dinner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom