Diver lost in 100' off Juno Beach, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very sorry, Brian.

:sad:

So is this the experienced diver you thought you knew?

Yes :sad:
51.gif
51.gif

Brian,

So sorry about Eve. I'm glad they were able to recover her body so their can be some closure for you, her family, and other friends. I hope they are able to determine what went wrong for this tragedy to have occurred.

Awful news.

In a very sad note, according to a just released news story, her body was found in Jupiter Inlet, around noon, today. An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death. Please check your sources for more accurate info.

I was out diving, yesterday, with Jupiter Dive Center, near where she disappeared. We were all very distraught, when we heard the news of her disappearance, and hoping/praying for the best.

My prayers are with her fiance, family and friends.

Rick

Last edited:
DocIndyDiver,

The conditions were 40-45 ft. viz where we were, just north of Juno Pier, 2 ft. seas, partly sunny, mild north/nw current running. Very easy diving conditions. I don't know about Hole-In-The-Wall. I did that dive a month ago, with fairly good conditions.

I live in Merritt Island, on the Banana River, probably not too far from you.

Rick

In a very sad note, according to a just released news story, her body was found in Jupiter Inlet, around noon, today. An autopsy will be performed to determine cause of death. Please check your sources for more accurate info.

I was out diving, yesterday, with Jupiter Dive Center, near where she disappeared. We were all very distraught, when we heard the news of her disappearance, and hoping/praying for the best.

My prayers are with her fiance, family and friends.

Rick

She was found on the reef at the approximate coordinates where her buddy surfaced. Her body was brought into shore via the Jupiter Inlet.

She was found on the reef at the approximate coordinates where her buddy surfaced. Her body was brought into shore via the Jupiter Inlet.
We may not learn the actual cause, but this one certainly drives home the need to stay with your dive bud. So many times I look around and have drifted away from mine or let him get away from me; a few times I've lost him and found him only when we surfaced; one in very bad vis I gave him the other end of my Jon line - and he turned lose of it. That was scary.

I certainly feel for her dive bud and hope he's getting a lot of support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom