Diver dies off Rockport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has been a tough month for diving at the Cape Ann area. I happened to witness the one at Folly Cove a few weeks ago. Not what you want to witness at the end of a dive. Now this one at Dry Salvages surprise all of us. Unfortunate for the families, my best wishes go to them in this moment of sorrow.

I dove with Fran, Matt and the Daybreaker a few weeks ago. Fran and Matt are probably on of the best diving boat teams that I had the pleasure to dive with. It was a pleasure and a safe experience for me. I look forward to keep diving with them again and again.

Plus Capt Fran Marcoux is one of the nicest guy you will ever meet.

I dove with Fran and Matt last Friday, as others have said, he always runs a top notch operation.

A couple of years ago we were on our way back in, and ran across a couple of divers about 1/4 of mile off shore. Fran pulls up and offers them a ride. They were shore diving from Magnolia Rocks, and OOA. He brought them close to shore, and dropped them off.

I just mention this to point out how aware Fran is of what's going on in the water, and how he watches out for everyone, paying customer or not.

Kudos to Fran and condolences to the divers friends and family.

Any word on who the diver was or what caused his death? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom