Diver Count and EAN Orders for Wreck Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kona winds from the south west, 25 mph.

And the westerly swell will probably wrap a round a bit too.

Bummer...to last into Friday, they are sayin.

Do we want a plan B in case Wednesday doesn't go? (the boats aren't going today) From my perch on the hill---it's nasty folks. Whitecaps in the pool.

Or, we can play ninja, fine with me..probably not going to be pleasant in the "recreational sense". We could do a survival dive.

Aloha Tower, Gordon Biersch?.....see when we get there.

I'll stop the wind for you. I have this new found power. I raise the sails and all wind stops dead. Works every time sofar.:shakehead

It's UGLY here on Maui this morning. Tim is out searching for a place we can even get INTO the water to do skills . . . Peter is wondering if it's worth putting the gear in the car. :(

Hew Sherm, was that you yesterday in the harbor?

Are conditions that bad today? I was planning on visitin the pipe this afternoon...

well.. on land.. i was just riding my mountain-bike..
and a couple palm fronds with full husks almost hit me
as they flew horizontally across the road..
not to mention half the bikes in the bike-rack were blown over..
and the other debris flying around.. glad i was wearing a helmet.

weather underground is posting gusts to 50kts !

NWS says 60kts. Just went down to try to save our brand new $2500 boat cover.4 foot chop inside the harbor blowing like hell. The shuttle boat (9where do they teach these guys to run boats?) after ramming my boat hard four times finaly go me close enough to get a foot on it and grab the life line, which promptly gave way dumping me and my 4 day old cell phone in the water. Finaly got on the boat and got things pulled down. No too much damage.....
Forget diving for a few days. Forecast says nice by next weekend.

TSandM:
It's UGLY here on Maui this morning. Tim is out searching for a place we can even get INTO the water to do skills . . . Peter is wondering if it's worth putting the gear in the car. :(

after our "dive" this morning I am thinking Peter had the right idea :wink:

Still ... it was fun trying to dive today - and I did enjoy lunch with ya' both.

Have a great trip to Oahu and come back soon ... when the weather is nicer though :(

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom