Diven, Doven... and all that rot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dbulmer:
(1) Your father was a Scot - poor lad ! Look laddy I'm half Irish - I am used to being mocked :)

(2) Does golf have any redeeming features?

(1) And me dear maither is an O'Hara! :07:

as for point (2):

When ancient man beat the ground with sticks, and roared curses at the sky he called it black magic. Now, we call it golf!! :11:

Cheers, lad! Dive safely and enjoy! By the bye, you don't frequent Stoney Cove, do you?

BigJetDriver69:
(1) And me dear maither is an O'Hara! :07:

as for point (2):

When ancient man beat the ground with sticks, and roared curses at the sky he called it black magic. Now, we call it golf!! :11:

Cheers, lad! Dive safely and enjoy! By the bye, you don't frequent Stoney Cove, do you?
I do from time to time and your golf gag is ?

scubadoguk:
I do from time to time and your golf gag is ?

Sigh! I guess it doesn't translate.

How about:

I shot a golf one time. Cooked it for hours and it was still tough and rubbery! :eyebrow:

Okay, okay! I made no claim to my jokes being good jokes. Just a little attempt at humour.

Cheers!

BigJetDriver69:
Sigh! I guess it doesn't translate.

How about:

I shot a golf one time. Cooked it for hours and it was still tough and rubbery! :eyebrow:

Okay, okay! I made no claim to my jokes being good jokes. Just a little attempt at humour.

Cheers!
As we know its a American humour/Brit humour thing,
example is I showed my wife the young ones she said I was sick showed her kevin and perri she said I was sick it is a Brit thing

Sue, regarding the Z..i feel your pain. no americans understand my first name when i spell it! I say Zeb-rah, not Zee-brah as well so i cant even use that as an example! Zee sounds too much like the letter C i think, so i like using Zed. oh and contrary to what i think most non-americans feel, i like Bush..and our Johnny Howard. They know what they want, and do what they think is best for the country..yay for their re-election :)...BigJetDriver, is a golf a gopher?...do people EAT them?!

Zoe83:
I like Bush..and our Johnny Howard. They know what they want, and do what they think is best for the country..yay for their re-election :)...BigJetDriver, is a golf a gopher?...do people EAT them?!

Amen to the first part! Amen!!! :yelclap:

As to the second, "pull the other one mate, its got the bells on it!" :rofl:

Gophers!!!

Dived or dove? Both are acceptable as pointed out. However they both refer to diving in the past tense. I'm constantly underwater (well, OK, so not right now... you caught me).

Dr. Bill

hmmm... when speaking in spanish, does one use buceé or buceaba to describe a dive... does one use another verb?

also- in english.... people do not use "were" with the subjunctive anymore... its pretty ironic.... In ESL, I got bad test grades for saying "If I was a rich man", and now I get bad mechanic grades in english for saying (correctly) "If I were a rich man".... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom