Dive spots for beginners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MoteMan:
SeaTrek address: 105 7th St. N. Bradenton Bch, FL34217. About Parking, there are three options: limited parking at SeaTrek, limited parking at Spanish Rocks access, and about 1/2 mile south of SeaTrek is Bradenton Bch public parking lot, from which we can carpool. The beach access at Spanish Rocks has parking for about 10 cars tops, but may fill up with beach-goers soon. SeaTrek doesn't have quite that much parking but is right across from the sugar barge. My suggestion is those that plan to do spanish rocks first should plan to arrive early (before 9:30) or carpool from public lot. How many will be driving trucks/big SUV's, and be willing to carpool from the public lot? I have room for maybe two passengers & gear, and will be at SeaTrek at 9am (I need to rent a tank).

Mike

Ok then .... here is the plan.
All members wanting to dive together can meet at Sea Trek 105 7th Street N Bradenton Beach, Fl 34217 at 9 am on Saturday 5-26-07. We will splt into or groups .... Spanish Rocks and Sugar Bardge we could plan to "do lunch" say noon'ish (meeting back at Sea Trek) followed by afternoon dive for all wanting to do a second dive.
If you would like to go early and do your own thing here is the info from SpanishRocks from last weekend ( be sure to meet us at noon at Sea Trek):
I-75 south from Tampa to the Bradenton/ State road 64 exit( there is an A and B so take the A exit it will head you toward the beach). You are going to take the exit toward the right. Stay on that road for about 8 miles or so until you get to Gulf Dr.( you will hit Gulf Dr. after you cross the intercostal waterway)You make a left on Gulf Dr. and take it down about 1/2 mile. Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park. Gear up walk down the beach to the left about 50 yards enter the water swim out about 50 yards and dive max depths 22ft.
I have never done the bardge :wink:
Kim P

Sounds good to me.. I'm looking forward to this!

Well it looks like we have another good group :wink:
Now if you want to carpool please post where you will comming from so others can join you :)
Kim P

I'm coming from south Sarasota(Clark Rd. area) if anyone needs a ride. I have room for 2 + gear.
Mike

LATE FLASH!!!!!

Anyone planning to rent tanks...I just talked to Lorainne @ SeaTrek, They don't open till 10 am, so you might want to pick them up elsewhere before coming, or plan to dive late.

Kim, who is going to be the designated photographer? :multi: We will need pics.

:useless:

I know I will take some group ones of the group going with Frog. Are we going to need to get you a camera? :D

Hi all,
I'm hoping to join/meet you all this weekend if my new fins arrived by then. I live in Largo/Seminole area, anyone carpool from here?
I'm new in local diving, i normally go on drive trips where operators provided weights and tanks. Can someone tell me how much are a tank rental and refill? If i rent a tank at LDS do they provide weights too? I'm planning to drop by at a local LDS, just hoping to get a quick answer and an idea about the cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom