Dive spots for beginners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yellowsub:
Cooltech,
I certainly would take the carpool offer.
I'm not Nitrox certified(bummer), so I believe i cant use your tank.
Will goto LDS to get tank and weight.
ITs very kind of you, thanks
EAN21 is standard air :D

21% O2 and the rest inert gas

I will answer PMs when I get home... I am on the road right now. Will answer tonight

tampausmc:
i'd like to do the sugar barge....but this is the weekend for my girlfriend's checkout dives.....and i'm doing buford sink on saturday then spending the rest of my day at Weeki and also spending sunday at Weeki as well....hopefully someone wants to do something similar on the next weekend, as it would be good practice for her.
Depending on weather, I might consider a repeat June 2nd. Wife/ non-diver is working both weekends so I get to go play.

Divergirl4u:
Looks like about 20 divers so far :wink:
Mote man your dive shop is gonna love you :blinking:
Yeaaaa MissD and Little sis ...... Welcome here is the plan:

All members wanting to dive together can meet at Sea Trek 105 7th Street N Bradenton Beach, Fl 34217 at 9 am on Saturday 5-26-07.
http://seatrekdivers.com/
We will splt into or groups .... Spanish Rocks and Sugar Bardge we could plan to "do lunch" say noon'ish (meeting back at Sea Trek) followed by afternoon dive for all wanting to do a second dive.
If you would like to go early and do your own thing here is the info from SpanishRocks from last weekend ( be sure to meet us at noon at Sea Trek):
I-75 south from Tampa to the Bradenton/ State road 64 exit( there is an A and B so take the A exit it will head you toward the beach). You are going to take the exit toward the right. Stay on that road for about 8 miles or so until you get to Gulf Dr.( you will hit Gulf Dr. after you cross the intercostal waterway)You make a left on Gulf Dr. and take it down about 1/2 mile. Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park. Gear up walk down the beach to the left about 50 yards enter the water swim out about 50 yards and dive max depths 22ft.
I have never done the bardge

WStein, if you are up for this, we could carpool as you are down the road from me.

CoolTech:
EAN21 is standard air :D

21% O2 and the rest inert gas

I will answer PMs when I get home... I am on the road right now. Will answer tonight

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

When i saw 'EAN' (Enriched Air Nitrox) i was thinking of the obvious without really knowing the mixture.:11:

Learned something new today with the expense of looking like an @@$.:mooner:
Still wanna dive with a 'donkey'?.:rofl3:

CoolTech:
I have 4 - S80 tanks with EAN21 in them if tanks are needed
Why didnt you state the obvious !!!!
I have 4 - S80 tanks with Standard Air in them if tanks are needed

It's all good fun.

I'll be there for sure. I'm going to try to bring along a couple of friends, also. I'm coming from South Tampa, so if anyone wants to carpool.....Bring it!

MoteMan:
Depending on weather, I might consider a repeat June 2nd. Wife/ non-diver is working both weekends so I get to go play.

Doing a fossel dive on June 2cnd ... Venice Beach :wink: pm me if interested ... I will start a thread later today :blinking:

yellowsub:
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

When i saw 'EAN' (Enriched Air Nitrox) i was thinking of the obvious without really knowing the mixture.:11:

Learned something new today with the expense of looking like an @@$.:mooner:
Still wanna dive with a 'donkey'?.:rofl3:

Why didnt you state the obvious !!!!
I have 4 - S80 tanks with Standard Air in them if tanks are needed

It's all good fun.
EAN is much easier to type when you are parked under a tree, eating lunch

If you learned something new, you are a better diver for it. Trust me, it wasn't the first time a diver learned and felt inadequate... and, it won't be the last. You should have seen me give a impromptu ditch and don class at 60' with everyone waiting for me to get the tank back on the bc just a few weeks ago. Luckily, someone on had to give a impromptu weight readjustment class on the next dive.

At least you learned that the number after EAN refers to the O2% of a Nitrox Mixture :14:

Missdirected:
WStein, if you are up for this, we could carpool as you are down the road from me.
Good to see that you and lil' sis are going to make it.

Imagine that... I get the entire weekend with Tracy and no action hero side kick! Maybe we will get some good shark photos :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: (Sorry John, couldn't resist)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom