Dive Rite O2ptima (aka Optima) Rebreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

n5zl

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the latest word from DEMA or elsewhere on Dive Rite's O2ptima Rebreather? I would love to see pictures of this unit as-is now (other than Dive Rites promo pictures).

Scott

I'll be at the show Thursday and Friday. :D
Pictures and report on anything rebreather will be online the the week after. :wink:

I know of someone that is taking the instructor course on it presently. He dives an Inspiration with a Hammer Head controller. He stated that he was very happy with the unit overall but he felt it was a bit butt heavy. Basically, the same as his modified inspiration and he did like the displays and the layout. The unit he is using is a test bed with the mircopore scrubber. He says the scrubber is working just fine.

Regards, Andrew

Crazyduck:
I know of someone that is taking the instructor course on it presently. He dives an Inspiration with a Hammer Head controller. He stated that he was very happy with the unit overall but he felt it was a bit butt heavy. Basically, the same as his modified inspiration and he did like the displays and the layout. The unit he is using is a test bed with the mircopore scrubber. He says the scrubber is working just fine.

Regards, Andrew
Andrew, where is he taking this course? I am looking at getting one of these rebreathers and want to know more about and possibly see one before committing to this endeavor.

Scott

Scott,

He is living in cave country and doing his class down there- the heart of darkness for Diverite.

If you need information I would checkout www.rebreatherworld.com -they a section for the unit already and there are a few ‘crash test dummies’ that could answer any specific questions you might have. I am not trying to discredit this board but that’s specifically what they are geared towards.

Seems like an interesting unit. Good luck with your decision and new unit.

Regards, Andrew

n5zl:
Andrew, where is he taking this course? I am looking at getting one of these rebreathers and want to know more about and possibly see one before committing to this endeavor.

Scott

Crazyduck:
Scott,

He is living in cave country and doing his class down there- the heart of darkness for Diverite.

If you need information I would checkout www.rebreatherworld.com -they a section for the unit already and there are a few ‘crash test dummies’ that could answer any specific questions you might have. I am not trying to discredit this board but that’s specifically what they are geared towards.

Seems like an interesting unit. Good luck with your decision and new unit.

Regards, Andrew

Yo there

We have two Optima test units here in Mexico since February this year and have done quite few dives on it including wall, wreck, cavern, cave and trimix diving.

Our units do look a little different then the ones coming out and we have modified them a little to get the heavy but end under control and with it my back pain.

I am using a stainless steel bakplate with 13 cft alm tanks that greatly improve my horizontal trim and together with a 30 cft or 40 cft bail out tank the unit is just fine.

If anyone come close to our store please feel free to pass by to have a look or a spin in the pool, and yes, we do train on the unit as well.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

I've posted some pictures of the Dive Rite O2ptima production unit in Rebreather World's 'Rebreather Events' gallery. The unit looked much better than the prototypes, Farallon promised some info regarding the testing done on the Micropore scrubber. They did some pretty extensive testing to 300 fsw. The new nickelplated HH housings have a lot of BLING! but look certainly better than the old ones. Unfortunately they still have the old two line display rather than the Vision's and Shearwater's four lines. Battery compartments now have double seals, and dive timer/depth display has been added to the secondary pO2 monitor.

Still a pretty large and heavy unit though, at least with the stock 27 cuft tanks.
(shame you can't get the Euro spec 3 ltr tanks here, they have 29 cuft instead of 19)

Pictures are all posted, report from the show will be up there soon.

caveseeker7:
I've posted some pictures of the Dive Rite O2ptima production unit in Rebreather World's 'Rebreather Events' gallery. The unit looked much better than the prototypes, Farallon promised some info regarding the testing done on the Micropore scrubber. They did some pretty extensive testing to 300 fsw. The new nickelplated HH housings have a lot of BLING! but look certainly better than the old ones. Unfortunately they still have the old two line display rather than the Vision's and Shearwater's four lines. Battery compartments now have double seals, and dive timer/depth display has been added to the secondary pO2 monitor.

Still a pretty large and heavy unit though, at least with the stock 27 cuft tanks.
(shame you can't get the Euro spec 3 ltr tanks here, they have 29 cuft instead of 19)

Pictures are all posted, report from the show will be up there soon.

Thanks for the photos. Can you send us the quick-link to find them easily (sorry I am new to this post)

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom