Dive Resorts in the Keys- Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic_diver45

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about dive resorts in the Keys......I'd be interested in hearing everyone's comments.

Uh......I'm not picky....Surprise me :wink:

medic_diver45:
Uh......I'm not picky....Surprise me :wink:

I enjoy Key Largo diving the most, it has a lot to offer like wrecks, reefs, etc. Not sure of dive resorts per say but you could piece together a trip. I like Island Adventures, depending on the amount of passengers they'll take you almost anywhere you want to go and let you dive about any profile you want. Great people! The Holdiay Inn down the road a bit is pretty nice as well, not to mention the chicken florentine at their on site resturant, Bugsy's, is too die for.

-Keep em wet

There are two kinds of resorts in the keys, cheap and expensive. There is no middle. A cheap resort will cost you anywhere between $70 - $100 per night, with the expensive ones being over $200.00 per night, and none of them are a lot to speak of. The nicest hotel in Key Largo is the Key Largo Marriott and it's between $150 - $250 per night, and IMHO, not worth that much; there is a dive shop on the grounds though - It's a dive - (that's their name).

If you're interested in something on the inexpensive end, check out the Neptune's Hideaway www.neptunehideaway.com. It ain't a Marriott, but it's clean, neat, and close enough to several dive operators, Island Ventures included (www.islandventure.com), which IMHO is one of the best dive operators in K.L. Another choice is the Amy Slate's Amoray resort, which is also home to Amy Slate's dive center. Try and avoid Capt. Slate's if you can (CATTLE BOATS!!!)

Hope this helps.

Hi Medic Diver,
You may want to checkout xxxxxxxx They have some of the most professional and entertaining staff that I have ever experienced. I love their 42 ft dive boats too. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
medic_diver45:
Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about dive resorts in the Keys......I'd be interested in hearing everyone's comments.

We used to stay at Kelly's On The Bay in Key Largo. Nice, clean place. The rates started around $75 and went up from there. Last year we rented a condo next door at Moon Bay. We found it on Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO) http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/keys
We were able to rent a 2 bedroom condo for $650 for the week. If you have another couple going to split the condo with, it is a really great deal.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom