Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seas 2-4ft
Wind - strong from the south
Water temp - 74F :D
Vis - 2-4ft

Went out for some dives with Jamie - good day overall - Jamie found ANOTHER gorgeous tooth.

I came home with a couple of decent 2-1/2 inchers - neither perfect, but not bad either - pics after cleaning :)

Went out today @ 9:30 am. Great day to dive!!!

South Brohard
Water temp 74
Wind NE
Viz 4 - 8 ft.

Found a few small teeth and some bones including a mammoth tooth. Need to bring my speargun next time. Tons of fish! Also did some reef clean up.

Time to get back in the water!!!!!

Went out today at Alhambra.. around 11am. Water was 74-76 degrees but the vis was 2-3 feet.. at best. We found absolutely nothing. We swam along the bottom pretty far out and never came across the usual spots with broken shell/teeth. It was almost all sand.

Still had a nice lunch at Sharkey's and wandered around the Shark's Tooth Festival... so not all was lost!

Got out to the boneyard today. Water temp was 73 degrees. Visibility was about 5 feet. Winds were out of the east on the first dive and from the west by the second dive. Found a few nice teeth but nothing to get too worked up about. Today was one of those days you really had to work at it.

Today 12:00-2:00
Alhambra

At 16' depth, vis was 2'-3'
At 22' depth, vis better 5'-8'

Vis improved once in 20' feet of water

Found a few meg halves, my first horse tooth, a 1.5" meg in decent shape, and an average shape 2.5" meg.

Went in at 28 feet off Venice beach. 6-12' of vis. 72-74 degrees on the bottom. found some nice size teeth but they were hard to find. Wind out of the south-south west.

4/19/09
Service Club
Seas 1'+
winds SE
vis 6'-8' @ 23'
water temp 72

Took my usual heading and found nothing but sand, had to go N to find stuff. The sand has shifted a lot, on the way in found some reef that is now exposed.

Got a few megs (nothing that will make the disply case), a large ear bone, whale tooth, and the usual little stuff

Last edited:
Went in at 28 feet off Venice beach. 6-12' of vis. 72-74 degrees on the bottom. found some nice size teeth but they were hard to find. Wind out of the south-south west.
28 feet deep? Wow! Were you out several miles off the beach to get that depth?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom