Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4-21-13
Manasota Viz:6-8' @ 27-31'
Temp:75-78 not much of a thermocline..
Seas: am 1-2' pm 1' or less..

4/27/2013
Kayak diving:
Viz 10-15+ off Golden Beach area/Boneyard.
Water temp: 75-77 (FINALLY able to go with a 3/2 mil! Felt practically naked :) )
Seas less than 1 ft in morning hours, a bit choppy with 1-2 towards afternoon hours.
Nice finds! :)

Did do some diving around the Blocks of Alhambra... around 3pm winds picked up and viz was still really good 10 plus!

5/12/2013 Went with Aristakat south to Manasota
Vis 3'-6'
Seas 1'-2'
Winds SW
Finds
003_crop.jpg002_crop.jpg

Awesome day vis is top to bottom water temp 74 can see boat and flag from bottom clearest water this year south of venice pier 28 ft now is the weekend to go for sure. Just came up from first dive 2 more dives today 05/1713

Awesome day vis is top to bottom water temp 74 can see boat and flag from bottom clearest water this year south of venice pier 28 ft now is the weekend to go for sure. Just came up from first dive 2 more dives today 05/1713

Squeeeeeeeee!

Tomorrow can't come soon enough! We will be at Service Club tomorrow morning.

5/18
Service Club
8 am
Max 20ft
vis 10-15
79 degrees
Seas flat

Beautiful day! I think were the first divers there but saw 7 heading down while we were packing uo!

First dive at this site swam out to roughly the end of the pier and dropped down. Found the nice little cichina reef shortly after. Swam out past that, some nice bright yellow single corals. Saw some cool fish including 2 small flounders.

Still no megs :( Just small stuff and some sand dollars. Had a great relaxing dive with just our dive skins. Did get chilly, surfaced when kiddo hit 600 psi

to all who were there. I said hi to a few of you and talked briefly with an sber who wad gearing up. Sorry, I didn't have my hearing aids in yer, but I know you said you had h2o in yiur username?

Hope you had better luck than us! Also hope you didn't get hooked by any of those boaters! Us that where the culverts are? I thought they were further out

5/19 Got in the water at Alhambra around 1 PM. Seemed a lot harder then normal getting out (maybe I was just exhausted from this week), was only slight wave action but seemed like I had to fight hard to get out to the length of the pier. Viz was amazing. I was seeing the bottom pretty well through 20 feet. Viz might have gotten slightly worse near the end of the dive, but I had no complaints at all. It was a great day. Deepest I got was 26ish feet and I imagine it was still at least 15 when I called it a dive. Had one of my best teeth days ever. Found 6 megs, the smallest being 2 inch, 4 in the 3-4 inch range, and got a 5.5+ that was cracked mostly down the center. I will be posting the pics here shortly when I get them taken. Have been scraping on them for an hour. I used my goPro video camera to record all the teeth I found so I will put that footage together and link it up on the pictures thread. Will probably also post this info to the thread about my father. I wish he could have been there with me. It was a great day!

Hi Everyone,

Headed to Venice this weekend for some diving. I'm looking at the forecast and it looks like it will be a little windy. Saturday calls for 20 knots during the day and 10-15 in the afternoon with seas 2-3 ft. Sunday is calling for east winds around 15 knots seas 2 feet. Do you think we will be able to dive comfortably? any info is appreciated.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom