Dive reports with beach/weather conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got excited about the reports of 10-15ft vis yesterday so we jumped in the car and high tailed it to Venice.

4/12/2013
Service Club
Time 10 am
Seas Choppy, breaking waves close to shore
Water Temp 71 at depth
Max depth 23
Dive Time 73mins
Vis 6"-2'
Found a few small teeth, maybe 20 all under half an inch.

It was choppy but we hoped that some of the good viz was still hanging around so we went out, at the surface the water was pretty snotty so I took a picture and in it you can see I can't see the end of my arm. At the bottom it was worse, second picture shows my wife, you can almost make out dive flag reel and blue shark tooth bag.

We were down for a little over an hour and did have about 10mins of 1-2ft vis but it was out a ways, 23ft of depth but still pretty bad, made it so we could at least pick up a few teeth. Got the gear wet and refreshed my compass skills, as far as teeth go we should have stayed on the beach.

viz.jpg
soup.jpg

I am just glad to start seeing a little more traffic on the site. It is my only link to Venice.

Water temp today was 73
Vis was 3'-5'

Last edited:
and viz..........................

Viz farther south was much better Sunday afternoon... 10' in 28-30'.. As opposed to Sat. mornings 1-3' off Venice... Oh and a lot less surge on the bottom. Now if only we could get some calm weather for a whole week..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom