Dive luggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kramynot2000:
I just picked up a couple of hardside (ABS) 30" rolling suitcases for $99 each. I decided to go for the hardsided stuff to protect my gear better. Plus its pretty big so that it can carry my clothes as well. Being ABS, it isn't heavy either.

I have one suitcase like this, exactly, for my exposure suit, which is too large to carry-on, and the spear and knife and toolkit, which are not allowed in carry-on. It can also hold your B/C if you cannot break that down and put it into your carry-on as well.

The rest, I pack into a carry-on sized rolling fabric case. Short fins fit well into it, and the 2 masks that I bring fit into the foot pockets of the fins. I detach the snorkel. The computer and compass fit inside my booties for protection. The regulator rolls up nicely.

My B/C detaches from the wing, and all roll up nicely so that I can tuck this into my carry-on as well. I also bring my own pouch weight belt, and roll it up and put it into the carry-on.

The hard walled luggage has rollers on it as well, so pulling it around is no problem. I do not think you need a special piece of luggage for your gear. Any hard-sided suitcase with rollers on it will work fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom