Dive Computer - Need Help Choosing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

.....i know a free class came with it but I didn't see a code. I'll check my box again then check with LP if not.
Hi there.
Congratulations for your new dive computer.

Regarding the activation code for the Pro Plus 2 online class, you will receive it directly from Oceanic, BUT, they want you to register the dive computer first (Oceanic established this new rule ~ one year ago).
For more info please see this post

Alberto (aka eDiver)

---------- Post added June 15th, 2013 at 09:09 AM ----------

Where's Divenav when you need him...I'm surprised he's not all over this, must be out diving. .....
No diving .... unfortunately :depressed:

I am just working like crazy on the new Nitroxbuddy product (and the other million things going on around here :D)

Sooner or later we will need to hire someone with social media (/ firefighter / customer support / scuba diving / computer geek) expertise to help us out.

---------- Post added June 15th, 2013 at 09:11 AM ----------

Divenav is great.

We love you too :D

Anyone got a link to how to change a Oceanic battery?
Dumped it at the dive shop to be checked out, but I should have asked here first.
Rest of the rig had to be checked out anyway, but I would like to know how to do it myself.

Are you talking about Pro Plus 2 or another Oceanic computer? It isn't hard. The pro plus is simply 4 screws and open the door and out comes the battery and in with the new. check O ring is clean and door seal too. Then door on and tighten down the screws until they touch the door. Opposing screws. Then tighten them carefully, not too tight, Opposing screws. Job done. Done mine twice now.

I was talking about the old Oceanic. I don't believe it has Pro on it, and definitely not plus. Compass on the back. But sounds simple enough. I had to get the rig serviced so I dropped it off and asked him to put a battery in it for me. I wonder what that will cost me.... for four screws worth of work...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom