Dive Computer and Airport Security

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usually no problems. Once,though, a (probably new) TSA agent asked me "what is that?"
I replied: "My dive computer"
TSA: "a computer,okay, turn it on".
me: "Okay". I hit the switch, and the Dc went through the startup sequence, which included a countdown (9,8,7 etc.)
the agent saw that and almost fainted.
Fortunately there was a senior agent there, who smiled at me, and said " enjoy your trip"....

That's what I do too - dive computets, regs and flashlights in my backpack - never a problem in multiple trips to Aruba, Turks & Cocos and Aruba.

Tools, on the other hand, were a problem leaving Grand Cayman this past August and they took a small multi tool, a cone wrench and a ratcheting crescent wrench that were in my backpack. I've carried these tools to GC for the last 4 years and they are fully TSA compliant - but GC agents said they follow British rules - not TSA - and confiscated them. In response to never having these tools be a problem in GC before, they said I must have checked them in past years! I didn't. Bottom Line - they suck, so leave the tools in checked bags and hope they don't get stolen by the baggage guys!
Thanks for the heads up. Heading to Little Cayman in December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom