Dive Catalina on the Island Time, 12/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That boat usually does 2 charters a day, so more than likely they need to get back for the afternoon charter.

kelphelper:
Guys, I just came across this thread.

All sounds good to me except that it's only a 2-tanker. I'd prefer to do a 3-tank dive for the trouble and expense. Wouldn't it be great if we could add just a few more bucks and make it a 3-tanker??

Is that an option? I read earlier in the thread that it's a charter and isn't on the schedule. Does that mean they have just the one trip that day?

whaddya think?

BrianS:
That boat usually does 2 charters a day, so more than likely they need to get back for the afternoon charter.

Hey Brian - we already have a 3rd dive scheduled with them! :D Unfortunately though, no more room on the boat. But, if someone has to cancel, should they contact you?

John

BrianS:
Brian,

Keep in mind that they are going out on a Wednesday in the middle of December. They probably weren't planning on making 2 runs that day, which was probably why it was easy for the group to work it out for a 3-tank day.

Christian

wetrat:
Hey Brian - we already have a 3rd dive scheduled with them! :D Unfortunately though, no more room on the boat. But, if someone has to cancel, should they contact you?

John

I'll sell you my spot for $2,250.75... :D

DiverBuoy:
It will take seriously crappy conditions to keep me out, dangerous conditions of course I'm out, but crap and laguna can go hand in hand. Take a look at this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=18801&postcount=15

Hmm, I may drink my words, its the second major surge coming through in as many weeks. Today's conditions:

Date: 12/25/2005
Time: 11:00 AM
Surf: 1 ft to 3 ft
Surge: 4 ft to 6 ft
Visibility: 2 ft to 6 ft
Temperature: Air 57 Water 57

Commerical diving conditions ... woohoo!

Well the next major system comes through tomorrow and supposedly dies off by Thursday. It's really not looking good. How firm are your "plans" for express catamaran to Avalon? Rick Inman, are you thinking of a last minute stand-by? I can tell you this time of year that has a next to zero chance of success.

Made a dive at Diver's Cove around that time. The conditions were almost exact, but I think the visibility was double that of Shaw's. Experienced a lot of sunshine, too!

DiverBuoy:
Rick Inman, are you thinking of a last minute stand-by? I can tell you this time of year that has a next to zero chance of success.
I don't understand. What, has a zero chance of success? The beach dives? Catalina? Getting on the ferry?

Well here are my thoughts on beach diving on the 29th. Laguna just closed their beaches to diving this morning, and another swell is due the 28th. Not looking too good there. What if we move our beach dive over to the Avalon Underwater Park now? There are still spots on the Dana Point Catalina Express as of of this posting.

John

Rick Inman:
I don't understand. What, has a zero chance of success? The beach dives? Catalina? Getting on the ferry?

You mentioned getting on the ferry. I was wondering if you called and made your reservation already, or were planning to go and stand in line with the hopes of getting a ticket?

OK it's done!! The December 29th Laguna beach dive has been relocated!! Rick Inman and I have reservations on the Catalina Express, for Thursday, December 29th, out of Dana Point. We leave at 9:45 am and return 4:30 pm. Anyone else who desires to join us is welcome. Join us on the Dana Point ferry or meet us at the Avalon Underwater Park about noon for our first dive!

Regarding the Wednesday, December 28th trip on the Island Time - see everybody at 7:30 am. Looks like it should be a GREAT day of diving!!

John

Back
Top Bottom