Dive Catalina on the Island Time, 12/28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FYI on the Island Time trip to Catalina, December 28. We will need to bring our own weights! Sorry if that's an inconvenience. Usually boats provide that, and I didn't think to ask about it! :embarass:

ScubaLizard:
i'm gona need tanks for the island time, will he have 3 for me or should i rent them before i go? thanks =)

He'll provide your tanks Tony - 3 aluminum 80s, one for each dive! But you'll need to bring your own weights!

John

I bring great news from Catalina Island-- Just got back from 3 tank dive trip and the conditions were fantastic. Will post report on December dive reports thread. Wish I could go- have to work :(.

Mark

mark99:
I bring great news from Catalina Island-- Just got back from 3 tank dive trip and the conditions were fantastic. Will post report on December dive reports thread. Wish I could go- have to work :(.

Mark
Mark,

I just read your report. Oh, great... Now how am I supposed to get any sleep?

:D

Rick Inman:
Sorry you can't make it! Sure you don't want to come along and help carry gear? eyebrow

Only if you promise to mow my lawn and wash my cars when you get back. Heck, I'll even let you use my hose to rinse your gear :wink: I'm just around the corner from the Dana Point harbor.

In all seriousness, it looks like you're gonna have some fun dives. I think you folks made a good call to switch to the contingent plan for Thurs. Albeit, with the benefit of hind sight, your original plan (Catalina shore/boat dive package) was probably the best bet. Oh well ... that should teach you take future advise from internet forums :wink::wink::wink:

PM if you need to borrow some weight.

With riguerin bowing out :sad_2: , who all is going on Wednesday?

Also, I'm bringing two steel tanks and plan on doing the last dive using Island Time's AL80 (I'm bringing weights for the buoyancy change). However, I previously said I have a Yoke to Dinn adapter available. If I use the AL80 on the last dive I'm going to need the adapter...

Hope that doesn't affect anyone. If by some small chance it does, I'll work around it in order to help out in whatever way I can. I'll also bring some extra weights.

P.S. riguerin I hope you're ears get better soon.

Kevfin:

Also, I'm bringing two steel tanks and plan on doing the last dive using Island Time's AL80 (I'm bringing weights for the buoyancy change). However, I previously said I have a Yoke to Dinn adapter available. If I use the AL80 on the last dive I'm going to need the adapter...

Hope that doesn't affect anyone. If by some small chance it does, I'll work around it in order to help out in whatever way I can. I'll also bring some extra weights.

They may not have it as a permanent "tool" on the boat, but at one time they did have a spare din converter on the Island Time, you might call and ask for those of you diving DIN but planning to use their yolk valve tanks. Otherwise, remember to bring one of course.

Kevfin:

Thanks Kevin ... truly wishing that I could join you folks. I wont be needing my DIN-yoke adapter this week. PM me and wetrat if you need one. I'm just a very quick stop off the 5 N toward Alamitos Bay.

ok soo. what dive sites have been decided for the island time catalina trip? does the boat have a compressor on board?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom