Dive boat configurations pluses and minuses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And why is that? Easier for getting out of the water with fins on.
Only if it’s calm. If the boat is rocking, when you’re live boating, most people get slung sideways on them and catch a rung in the breastbone.

Only if it’s calm. If the boat is rocking, when you’re live boating, most people get slung sideways on them and catch a rung in the breastbone.

Completely agree. Easy enough to get hurt with enclosed ladders

I don't think it will make that much of a difference. Plus I will avoid really rough water. My thoughts are something like this, but not exactly:
Trader - Trader Trawler 39 Motor Boat for sale in Greece | Boatshop24
with significant modifications of course: good platform for getting in and out of the water. Places for people to lounge around in front and behind. Good open areas for people to be comfortable.
The tricabin design is awful as a dive boat. Just no no no (I had a 34ft tricabin)

Issues with this boat and one's like it:
Too many people on that top deck and stability will suck
too many people or gear on that top deck and it risks caving in
The reverse chine hull is stiff
the aft deck is tiny
access from the water to the aft deck is dreadful
swim step is on brackets and wont support heavy divers
The aft cabin is down from the after deck then back up to the main cabin
engine access is poor and under the main salon
does not handle swell well and has a very wet ride
slow slow slow (9knots on a good day - downwind)

I could go on, but you need a dive boat with actual structural strength and good seakeeping. Ps that boat was made in 1979 and hasnt had an upgrade since. It needs 100+K worth of work

These are photos from inside Papa Tomas, which isn't quite as big as Papa Changa.
Screenshot_20191024-202822_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-202448_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-201434_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-201241_Facebook.jpg

Nope. Just the coffee grounds boiled in water. Unless my goddaughter's family from the West Bank are doing it wrong. Arabs spread coffee from Ethiopia to the Ottoman Empire.

First, I don’t think your goddaughter is doing anything wrong....she’s just making coffee that she likes.

Coffee served in an Arabic home appears milkish, is much, much milder and definitely has cardamom (distinguishing ingredient) with no grounds. It is typically served without sugar but sukhary dates (soft and very sweet) are offered. No handle on the cup.

Turkish coffee is much stronger and vey black, often with a bit of froth on top from the preparation process. It is specifically offered straight, with medium sugar or strong sugar. The grounds are very, very fine (in fact the finest that coffee can be ground) and settle to the bottom. I admit I like that first sip towards the bottom where you get a smooth, thick draw of grounds in the sip. Prepared in an ibrik (either stovetop or electric) and served in a small cup with a handle.

The Turks I worked with took great pride in their coffee and considered the Arabic coffee as too weak. The Arabs are very proud of their coffee, emblematic of their easy-going culture (shway shway) and Bedouin hospitality.

Totally agree on the geographic migration of coffee from eastern Africa through the Arabian Peninsula and up into the Ottoman Empire. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is a key historical port where multinational trade played a key role in ensuring that dispersal.

Back to boating....

I'd swear they didn't get these made in Louisiana but hard to argue.

The seats aren't metal, but fibreglass. As a princess and the pea type, I like that, especially in the "lounge" area, where there are cushions on the fibreglass seats.

@chillyinCanada,

That's a beautiful boat. A little smaller (for 16 divers max, 12 customers, 4 staff) and we are good to go.

@BurhanMuntasser,

You dive a rebreather? I have a general location of the location of ancient shipwrecks that I will search for. I'll eventually be providing helium. I'll have a pair of Suex dive scooters. We search until we hit our planned end of the dive or we find something.

I now dive a rebreather and wrecks are a passion. Just saying :D

And why is that? Easier for getting out of the water with fins on.

Not sure if this is practical or even feasible, but have you considered a lift? I'm assuming your customer base will be predominantly recreational, but a lift may be quite attractive for tech divers or people who otherwise struggle with conventional ladders. Very popular selling point for UK charters.

mvlegends-diver-lift-1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom