Dive bags / Transport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ McFinnagain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What kinda bags are y'all using to transport your gear? The wife is wanting some kind of roller bag that has pockets for spate gear and has drainage capabilities.

I've got some LBT bags from my military days, but they're deployment bags and are a bit on the very large side of the house. The bags would e to transport her gear (drysuit, BC, flippers, lights, camera, et cetera) from the truck to a live aboard or something along those lines. I have pelican cases, but those don't fit within her parameters. Thanks y'all.

i have a aqualung dive bag with side pockets for flippers and enough room for my gear including my clothes pull up handle plus wheels

I use a generic wheeled duffel bag. I position my fins to offer (some) protection to what is inside, and when it is empty, it collapses down to almost nothing.

On the rare Florida boat charter I take, I use an old hockey bag with a broken zipper. Weights in big mesh bag.

Transport where / how?

If flying to that liveaboard you will need to consider the weight of your bag. Lightest bag allows you to jam more junk in it before you hit the weight limits. I also learned not to get a huge bag. We once bought some cheap duffles, but they were so large that we only half filled them and reached the airline weight limit. This meant our junk flopped around inside the bag in transit. Not good.

Storage space on some liveaboards is scarce. So non-collapsible (think hard side) luggage can be a bad idea.

We use a wheeled, hard backed duffle that weighs in just under 8 lbs. Once onsite, it stuffs under beds easily.

If we need to be dragging gear around once we get there, then we have a set of lightweight mesh bags that will swallow fins, booties, mask case, regs and wetsuit - wear the bcd & weight belt to the boat.

My drysuit, undersuit, and small bits go into my drysuit bag (Santi duffle). Everything else goes into a mesh stahlsac bag. If I were going on a liveaboard, clothes would go into a small duffle or my backpack.

Eagle Creek make some wheeled lightweight duffle bags. Great performance. Great warranty.

No drainage capabilities but you could put in a grommet or two.

GJS

Back
Top Bottom