Ditching the poodle jacket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What EXACTLY does shoving something up your "jumper" mean? And after you do that, doesn't it make it hard to walk?

Jumper = sweater. Sorry if you already knew that and I'm stating the obvious but not sure what else you might be meaning. :)

Oh I never heard that before, but I am a little disappointed.

I see this thread's gunna run till Doom's Day-------:)...How many different things can people say about a stupid BC??...

I see this thread's gunna run till Doom's Day-------:)...How many different things can people say about a stupid BC??...

God it's almost painful responding to this post, the one accusing it of keeping going being the last one...

Of course this new post has now ruined that poignancy. Damn you Diver 85.

Rig has finally arrived in customs in the UK. Don't ever have something shipped internationally by USPS priority international. The priority part isn't actually true. It tooks six days from leaving Miami to getting to the UK. I half suspect someone swam my rig over.

Anyhow, I reckon by Tuesday it'll all be here. Expect this thread to be resurrected big style then as I tie myself in knots working out this whole (slow roasted) hog business. :D

J

I half suspect someone swam my rig over.

J

Yeah, that was me. Back in Bermuda now, finning my way back to South Carolina. :D

^bump^

Well? How'd the rig come out?

C'mon... There was all of this discussion, and now... Nothing? :) I thought you were going to update us on how it all came together...

OK well I'll pitch in a few of my own recent experiences to liven this up.

Big weekend just gone with 2 seperate supplier tryout days.

Saturday tried out an Apeks BP/W with twin 7L (55cu) tanks and a 45lb horseshoe wing. never tried that kind of setup before and took about 5mins of tilting sideways etc to get my balance and then LOVED it. Hovering inches off the bottom with no problems at all. It was setup up as a long hose rig (Apeks TEK3's) which was also a first for me and loved that to, very easy to do OOA reg swap with wife as a drill.

Sunday dived a Hollis Alu BP/W with S25 single setup this time in the ocean. Straight into horizontal this time and really enjoyed it. Donut wing does seem easier to get balanced underwater.

Now tempted to skip single tank setup and go straight to twin 7's as I'm an air hog and that would greatly extend my bottom time.

I'm now a firm convert to BP/W and am revising shopping lists :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom