Direct flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I am trying to figure out what airlines fly directly in to Cozumel and from where.

I am trying to see if I can use some Southwest points, to get me to a place where I can then catch a direct flight to Cozumel.

I was considering Frontier out of Denver, but that is a seasonal route and their last flight day is August 7th. (which may still work if I fly on 7/31 and return on the 7th) But I would like to consider all options.

My window of opportunity is between 7/20 and 8/20

DFW has American and Sun Country non-stop. The only problem would be getting from Dallas Love Field (where Southwest flies into) to DFW to catch a non-stop. You would either pay a fortune for a cab ride or spend a long time on public transit to move between airports. There are no non-stops that I'm aware of out of Love Field, and it's a pretty good haul from one airport to the other.

SWA is flying to Cancun now......you have to go through an INTL hub though.....

I was fund-raising for the Cruz Roja at the airport during the winter and when I was working, there were direct flights from Atlanta, Minneapolis, Toronto, and Dallas. Some of those may have been seasonal however.

SWA flys to Cancun and they have a direct flight from Denver.

Yes, I should of said
Non-stop flight

Last edited:
I guess you mean Non-stop flights - similar to Direct but not necessarily the same.
Cozumel International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia is not always up to date, but generally is where I look for this kind of info when planning my trips.
Good idea. :thumb:

Have you checked to see if you can use your SWA points to get to Cancun? If not, then how much time & money is needed once you liquidate SWA points to go as far as you can. Keep in mind if problems on one airline prevent you from making the connection, including rechecking bags, the other airline is not required to cooperate. I had a bag lost on my way to Cancun last week and the airline delivered it to my hotel, but you may not enjoy that benefit either.

United has fares with only one connection lower than I pay from Lubbock. Normally I'd reject overnight connections but getting from the west coast often requires it...
Capture.jpg

That is a pretty reasonable one Don, I had not pulled that one up, even though I am using Matrix...

But those layovers are killing me!

I guess you mean Non-stop flights - similar to Direct but not necessarily the same.

Good idea. :thumb:

Have you checked to see if you can use your SWA points to get to Cancun? If not, then how much time & money is needed once you liquidate SWA points to go as far as you can. Keep in mind if problems on one airline prevent you from making the connection, including rechecking bags, the other airline is not required to cooperate. I had a bag lost on my way to Cancun last week and the airline delivered it to my hotel, but you may not enjoy that benefit either.

United has fares with only one connection lower than I pay from Lubbock. Normally I'd reject overnight connections but getting from the west coast often requires it...
View attachment 209834

That is a pretty reasonable one Don, I had not pulled that one up, even though I am using Matrix...

But those layovers are killing me!
Yeah, you'd want hotel rooms on both connections I think. Sucks huh. There are itineraries that do not require overnights, but they are expensive.

Southwest avoids cooperating with other airlines or fare shopping & booking sites, so it's challenging to look at. Did you see if you can use your points all the way to Cancun? They announced a 3 day sale today so I can't get their site to show flights - or it could be because I am in Cancun now?

SWA flys to Cancun and they have a direct flight from Denver.
Is that Non-stop from Denver? SWA is notorious for their Direct flights with interim stops. I wonder how the flights match up? I don't know how long you want to stay so I'm playing with dates.

100 miles is as far as I will drive to catch a cheaper plane usually, altho I have gone further at times. This looks ok into Cancun, with plenty of time to take a bus to PDC and catch the new 11pm ferry if not earlier, then plenty of time to get back to Cancun on return - if not too tight in Phoenix to clear I&C. Cheap enough At $388 with 8 hour itineraries each way...
Capture.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom