Direct Flights from Manila to Koror?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im finding it tough to locate a route from Manila to Koror (Palau) that doesnt involve me paying thousands in flight costs and less thaan 24 hours in transit/ flights.

So if anyone has any experience with this and can perhaps point me in the right direction with reasonably priced flights and the least amount of stop(overs) I would be eternally grateful. :)

My flights in a few weeks, manila to koror direct, between 2.5-4hrs flight time (seems to be longer on way there than returning?). Most of the flight options were via guam, but there are quite a few direct ones. i booked with continental airlines, cost was £369 return. not cheap for short flights!!
If you are flexible with what days you fly, the prices vary a lot. On the tuesday i fly its 369 but on the wed it was double that and longer flight time as via guam!!

Thanks pughio. Thats extremely expensive for a short distance considering I can get a return flight via 5* MAS to Maldives for less than that. And It costs me only $700 USD return all the way to Manila from Australia. Cannot justify the cost really.

Continental has the monopoly on all the Micronesia routes.
BTW, the local pays a fraction of what we pay.
I believe the airline actually admitted that we are subsidizing the local!!!
I wonder how many passengers actually would like to fly CO if there is alternative?

Hi,

Last year I payed 500$ for MNL-ROR return ticket. There's no cheaper option I believe. But still Palau is worth it, believe me :wink:

Cheers,
p.

Hey Neuro was it direct flight? No doubt Palau is worth it, thats why I want to try to get there with minimal fuss. At the end of the day the $$ is not the biggest factor though the more reasonable prices of course the better. And I certainly dont want to be subsidising the locals air flights! The Govt should be doing that from all the tourism millions $$ that they are getting! My biggest concern is time - as I dont have enough of it. If its going to take me more than 6 hours to get to Palau (inc transit) then its out for me. Id rather catch a cheaper, quicker flight to Cebu, Dumaguette or Puerta Princessa to Tubbatuha.

Dumaguete ≠ Palau! Not even close. And it's quite a hike from the Cebu airport to Dumaguete, so take that into consideration.

Peter Hughes just sent me an email today announcing a $500 discount on the Tropic Dancer in Palau for 2012 bookings.

Not really comparing the diving at all here. Just pointing out a faster route for me. But hangon why would I hike from Cebu City down to Dumaguate when I can fly direct from Manila to Sibulan Airport? Im not talking about covering a large area - ie MP - MB - DM. If I went to PI Id just pick an area and stay there. Ok since the question has bee put out then for those that have dived Palau and sites out of PI - who can put their hand up and say that any dive area in PI is better than Palau? Im talking in 'general' visibility, categories of coral diversity, pelagics and small critters?

Thanks for the tips on Tropic Dancer, Im wondering how much of the cost/ time taken to get to Palau has an effect on divers booking over there. Mybe its easier to get there for Americans or Japanese via another route?

But hangon why would I hike from Cebu City down to Dumaguate when I can fly direct from Manila to Sibulan Airport?
My mistake. Of course you are correct--I was thinking of my trip from HK.

Ok since the question has bee put out then for those that have dived Palau and sites out of PI - who can put their hand up and say that any dive area in PI is better than Palau? Im talking in 'general' visibility, categories of coral diversity, pelagics and small critters?
Palau has ONLY Blue Corner and the Pelileu Express(weather permitted) that is about it.
Tubattaha wins hand down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom