Direct Flights from Manila to Koror?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Centrals when did you do Tubbataha and which LOB? What and Why would you consider better that it wins hands down to Palau?

I have heard mixed reviews on TB. Remember my criteria is:

1) Visibility
2) Coral Diversity and Health (Little Bleaching)
3) Pelagic Diversity
4) Small Critter Diversity

Id probably also add - Chance encounter with unique or unusual marine life.
Sites without mass of divers. (Im sure this would apply more to TB?)

Im not interested in this being a Palau v PI thread. More a case of can I get to Palau cheaper and quicker or should I explore potential PI sites that may yield as good or beter diving?

Insert more experiences here thank you...

id completely disgree with centrals i found palau far superior to tubbataha in every respect tubbataha to me isn't even close to the best diving in the philippines i say if you have a chance, go

CO flies nonstop twice weekly in each direction between MNL and ROR.

CO #192 leaves MNL at 10:25 p.m., arriving ROR at 2:05 a.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays.

CO #193 leaves ROR at at 9:25 p.m., arriving MNL at 11:00 p.m., also on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The fares are typically high, due to the monopoly on the route. Expect to shell out nearly $600 round-trip.

Yes, there is a direct flight MNL - ROR, as detailed by cal776. I booked tickets by Fish'n'Fins dive ops from Palau - I believe they can get you a discount, as they did for us.

Cheers,
P.

Have been to Tubattaha three times on three different boats(Jinn Sulu, Moonshadow and Tabibuga).
Twice to Palau, once with Sam(land based) and the other on Big blue.
Never enjoyed the boat ride from Koror to the dive sites, it was extremely uncomfortable.

Tubattaha is huge, extremely good vis as the place is in the middle of nowhere and there is no development within hundred of miles. The wall is deep and very deep. You just have to get your eyes open for anything. I dint see any whale shark but my mate saw three on one dive three yrs ago!
Blue Corner is Palau is ace when the current is roaring and if you arrive early and get the prime position. Pelileu Express is great if you can handle the current and the site is very far away. Sitting on German channel and waiting for Manta is not my cup of tea.

Give both places a try by all means and make your own judgement.

Wasn't there news about cebupac offering direct flights to palau starting 2012?

Sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

except tubbataha is only doable 3mos and palau is doable 10 mos....

I think the best option for you would be to find a travel agent who can book the whole tour together for you. I looked into going to Palau and I found this was much cheaper than booking the flight, hotel and diving separately. I dont know any that operate from Manila, but I am sure they are out there

I did Palau last year and paid around $700 RT from MNL. It is pretty expensive, but I am glad I did it.
Having said that, I had just as much fun diving in Puerto Galera afterwards. The only downside is the length of travel from MNL to PG.
I have read in other forums that booking with Sams or Fins all inclusive (room, diving, food and flights) can save you some money.

Good luck.

Dumaguete, Dauin and Apo Island are not bad choices either. The sheer volume of coral at Apo Island is staggering. Plus it is one of the easiest dive spots I have traveled to thus far. (Going to Boracay in April or May)

Thanks all that have shared, yes seems very expensive and round the clock redeye flights from Manila to Palau. (Cal, i assume CO is continental? ) The irony is there used to be a flight from Cairns but it was canned. It would have been easier that way. I wonder if Id ever get there.. Kevin Duma, Dauin and Apo are on my list to get to. Question is when and what time of year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom