Direct Flights from Manila to Koror?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Palau has ONLY Blue Corner and the Pelileu Express(weather permitted) that is about it.
Tubattaha wins hand down.

I respectfully disagree - HUGELY. Besides, my favorite divesite in Palau is the Ulong Channel. Honestly Im puzzled as to your comment re: Palau. By far the most negative thing I've heard from anyone about it. To each his own, I personally think Palau is the best diving in the world, but that is just me.

Folks I did say I didnt want to turn this into a Palau vs PI thread thanks. What one enjoys in diving is totally subjective, just ask those who love diving dark UK quarries with zero vis. This thread is about logistics of getting from Manila to Koror and the value proposition of palau no doubt its up there at the top. Im trying to figure out getting there at some stage.

It was always gonna become Palau Vs.....I think partly because palau is difficult ish to get to people who have been will critique it, more than say if it was 3 hrs from Manila by bus lol! Re the flights I still think its monopolised by one airline. SAMs tours and fish n fins I don't think can get you cheaper flights. There are flights from Taipei, Seoul and Tokyo I think with other airlines but I don't think that will help you from oz. think Manila is still the cheapest option!

Palau is well worth it, tons of mantas in ulong channel, bull sharks at Pelileu cut and satans corner, and sharks everywhere. IMO blue corner, blue hole, big drop off etc are all excellent sites but not actually the best ones! But it's all subjective....if nothing turns up then it wouldn't b worth the trip! But you will be pushed to find better dive site scenery!!!

Kevin Duma, Dauin and Apo are on my list to get to. Question is when and what time of year?

We went to both Palau and Philippines in late March, early April. We had spectacular weather in both places.
I checked today though and it still looks like it's 700 USD for MNL to ROR. I was thinking of heading over there again myself, but only if the wife will let me go alone. (She is a non-diver so its kind of a wasted trip)

Do you have to go via Manila? There are also direct flights to Palau from Taiwan these days. However, I have no idea about the costs, maybe just as expensive. I would think there are flights from Perth to Taiwan as well? That might be an option to look into

Along with United (old Continental Micronesia) from Manila, Japan Airlines; Korean Airlines; China Airlines, Asiana and Delta fly to Koror --consider shopping fares & flying through their hubs.

Tubbataha has fantastic wall and pelagic/schooling big fish action. Palau has that and is a lot more easier travel for me from Los Angeles. . .

Probably from a time/cost option manila is easy to get to than taiwan. I can fly to manila via Bali for less than 400, Taiwan via Malaysia is more costly.. Havent investigated via Bali but goid point Mike, I will check out.. So how much are flights from Taiwan then if any one knows approximates?

There are Manila - Bali flights now? That must be new, good to know, was a hassle the last time i tried, had to go via Singapore. There are direct flights from Bali to Taiwan with China Airlines and Eva Air.. both relatively inexpensive. Have a look at the China Airlines website for the Palau flight, I just flew the Bali to Taiwan route with them and it was great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom