DIR: The Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben, don't forget to bring that large kool-aid container... :eyebrow: You guys might get thirsty ya know...

:joke:

edit: actually is Kool-aid sponsoring the gathering?

Ben_ca:
(thanks for killing the thread there Rick...

:rofl3:

pakman:
Ben, don't forget to bring that large cool-aid container...

Perrier!!

no, Starbucks!!!

no, Zima!!!

Coldsmoke, we have a resident GUE instructor here in Seattle -- look up Steve White on the GUE website. He's an excellent teacher. I've done Fundies and Rec Triox with him.

pakman:
Ben, don't forget to bring that large kool-aid container... :eyebrow: You guys might get thirsty ya know...

:joke:

edit: actually is Kool-aid sponsoring the gathering?

km_winner.jpg

You are welcome to join in... :)

I don't know know... Lynne's trip has me thinking... We could maximize the socializing and the diving if we do it on Catalina....

TSandM:
Coldsmoke, we have a resident GUE instructor here in Seattle -- look up Steve White on the GUE website. He's an excellent teacher. I've done Fundies and Rec Triox with him.
Actually, you can shorten the drive. He's doing a fundies here in Spokane in late July.

PM me
Ben_ca:
(thanks for killing the thread there Rick... Just for that we're not having it in Spokane)
:eyebrow:

Oh, Ben, spectacular idea to have it at Catalina, or somewhere in SoCal!

As our trip showed, there's a tremendous amount of very different and very wonderful diving there. There's a well-developed DIR community, as well. Weather in the fall should be beautiful, and although we apparently had extraordinary viz, I suspect it's almost always better than we have in the Sound. There's certainly no lack of lodging and meals there . . . Although there may not be as many options for people to open their houses to visiting DIR divers :(

Ben_ca:
I don't know know... Lynne's trip has me thinking... We could maximize the socializing and the diving if we do it on Catalina....

Catalina works for me (it's certainly closer). What are the details (for those of you that have done it) with the ferries w.r.t. schlepping gear on board etc... I'm guessing it's not a doubles-friendly experience?

How long does the SF->SEA drive actually take? google maps says 13hr and change. We (alwaingold and I) might be headed up that way this summer anyhow to do some diving and were actually just discussing the logistics...

13 and change sounds right. I think it took us 14 to get to Monterey. It's a long day of driving, better as two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom