DIR: The Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
Plus it would be an absolute stroke fest.
Look at it as an opportunity to show a lot of people the right path...:D

Oh well, CA would leave me out ... I will have absolutely no available vacation time after this trip next week ... gotta save every hour I can accrue for Indonesia next March ... y'all have fun.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ben_ca:
So how are we going to settle this? A vote?

Rock-paper-scissors. You go first.

DS started this, he should be Da Man and make the decision -- King for a Day!

OK Doug, where and when?

Since you are talking October, need to decide soon so that Lynne and I can arrange our trip to Tuluum. It is SUCH a problem to have to coordinate all these trips.....

What about the first weekend in October (the weekend of the 6th and 7th)?

As for venue, I'm partial to Seattle-but it would depend on who can get up here. I do know we have the resources in terms of tanks and lodging to make things cheap, and early October in Seattle should be pretty decent vis and weather . . . Tides are fairly benign (okay, about an 8 foot flood throughout the morning, but a flooding tide is generally better than a ebbing tide during the day, and we have slack in the afternoon to work with).

We could do a few things (or a combination of these options):

1) The tech 1 types could go cold and deep and see the PB4Y.

2) Everyone could go out on a charter in either the San Juans or the Sound (or do a 1-2 combo and do both, one each day).

3) We can also squeeze in evening/night diving options, one cool option would be Edmonds at night, we need permits for that, but it is supposed to be awesome.

That being said, I'll just toss that out there and see who would be interested. I started this thread to get the idea rolling, wherever things end up working best for the most people is fine by me.

SparticleBrane:
There's always the possibility of you guys coming to NC and doing some warm water wrecks! :D
That sounds good to me. I don't think I can make it to Washington. Lake Lanier is also a possibility. :D

dsteding:
What about the first weekend in October (the weekend of the 6th and 7th)? ...

That should work for me... I'll put it on my calender.

Don't care where... OK, within reason, but Seattle is possible as wife has customer there.

Anyway, wherever would be good. I'd find it interesting to just show up at any place and have a good idea about the quality of your buddy. I will try to make it wherever this happens.

Chris "stroke" malinowski :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom