DIR: The Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321:
I have:
A set of lp85s and an AL80 or Al40 deco bottle to share.
3 or 4 other AL80 stages
Numerous single tanks (AL80s, LP95s, HP119s).

I'd prefer to make this a late summer, low budget affair.

I have a set of 130s or 100s to share, one AL40, a few single 119s.

Accomodations-wise, my condo complex has a sweet guest room, very hip, middle of downtown, a studio with a queen bed. They charge $90/night, in the spirit of PNW hospitality, I'll split that with anyone that ends up coming into town.

Two sets of doubles, 17 singles (assorted LP95, 119, and 130's), three AL40 deco bottles, one AL80 deco bottle, spare regs, 3 spare backplates, spare wings (3 singles, 2 doubles) ... one guest bedroom (double bed) and two couches.

I can accommodate 3 divers (including me) and gear in my Element.

My vote for timing would be spring or fall ... when the weather's nice and the vis is (hopefully) decent. Especially if you're contemplating Hood Canal, which ain't so nice in the summer ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Funny how threads that I start turn into get-togethers. :D
My vote is that we have a while to plan it so that people can make arrangements, save money, that sort of thing. I'd love to meet some of the people on here but it might help if I take Fundies first too. Depending on time and money that might happen late this summer, but who knows...?

SparticleBrane:
Funny how threads that I start turn into get-togethers. :D
My vote is that we have a while to plan it so that people can make arrangements, save money, that sort of thing. I'd love to meet some of the people on here but it might help if I take Fundies first too. Depending on time and money that might happen late this summer, but who knows...?
... or just plan to take it out here. We have an excellent local instructor ... :D

About the timing ... just don't do it next March ... I'll be in Indonesia.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I like the idea!

Unfortunately, 2007 is already a booked year for my travels. Maybe, I'll be able to make the 2nd one in 2008. You could call it DIR: The Quickening. :wink:

Hopefully, this catches on!

Christian

I'd be game to come and dive but, before I do, my requirements are that I take and pass Fundies, get at least 100 + dives in after Fundies, and then have enough time off for work and money. :)

So, maybe in a year from today or a little more. :)

Michael

Hey Sparticle, you know Mels getting ready to move out that way. :wink:

Gee, I may just have to make the 3 hour drive out to join you guys. :eyebrow:

You S. CA. kids can truck-pool up (PIC).

There's always the possibility of you guys coming to NC and doing some warm water wrecks! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom