DIR: The Gathering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've got three sets of doubles (two 72s and a set of LP 85, if you can pry them off MY back), two LP 95s, two HP 100s, and three LP 72s, two spare backplates, a spare can light, and at the moment we have three dive gear capable vehicles and two guest rooms, if you don't mind a great deal of cat fur and a bit of mess. You get your own kitchen, though, if you can throw the dive gear out of it . . .

Early October is out, because I am going back to Mexico, and the first week of December is out, because I'm in Florida. Otherwise, the second half of the year is mostly unassigned.

I think this would be fantastic, because I'm running up the most atrocious hospitality debt here in LA that I need to pay back . . . :)

Hood Canal is not so nice in the fall nowadays, too many gasping fish. But the San Juans are certainly doable if the BC options are considered too big a hassle.

Is anyone from out of town interested in say - early October? Good vis, still sunny, still reasonable water temps. Any later is not so nice. Any earlier is probably too early, given other committments.

rjack321:
Hurricane Season?

If I worried about hurricanes, I'd never get anything done.

I'd love to join. I have family in Seattle so I'd probably drive up and stay with them. I'm doing Fundies in June and a trip to Greece in early August. Any other time is great for me.

-John

The west coast is far away, when are you all going to come and visit the great north-east and come and dive with us in Quebec.

dsteding:
So, we were kicking around the idea of a DIR get-together somewhere in the US at some point. Us Seattle types are willing to host something if we can get it together, I'd suggest Nanaimo or somewhere on Vancouver Island. Long weekend type trip, people fly/drive to Seattle or Vancouver, we can probably scrounge up tanks and stuff for out-of-towners.

Since it has been so quiet here lately, I figured I'd start a new thread to gauge interest. If you have interest, let me know what time of year works, we would probably need to plan this well in advance . . .

I am *in* -- through june is a mess for me, but july+ is fine.

I have to get me some of those BC wrecks! (and maybe even brave the damned dark cold lake again!)

Ben_ca:
If you have to ask..... :)

I would be interested depending on the timing... I'll have to take some leave.... I would rather drive up so I can bring all my gear (doubles, lights, scooter) but if we only have a weekend it would be more practical to fly. Seattle or Vancouver would work for me...

We will just raid richards garage for doubles...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom