DIR-Fundies cert card delays...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys just wanted to ask if any of the ones who took the fundies recently have had problems getting their cert cards? not a big deal, just wondering if this is normal and why me and over a dozen peeps from asia, australia and new zealand havent heard anything from Gue about it despite the numerous emails weve sent over. BTW took my course last july:)

I've been waiting for a few weeks for mine, and GUE is 2 hours away!
Holiday season, I guess?

PfcAJ:
I've been waiting for a few weeks for mine, and GUE is 2 hours away!
Holiday season, I guess?

true true, but i took mine 5 months before holiday season and another bud from OZ has been waiting over a year.

GUE is really fast :) I got a provisional last july, hoping to get a pass somewhere this year but I've already received my c-card...

Spoon:
Guys just wanted to ask if any of the ones who took the fundies recently have had problems getting their cert cards? not a big deal, just wondering if this is normal and why me and over a dozen peeps from asia, australia and new zealand havent heard anything from Gue about it despite the numerous emails weve sent over. BTW took my course last july:)

I got mine about 15 months after I passed. It took me several mails, but finally I got a personal excuse from Jarrod himself.
Paperwork does not seem to be the best quality of every instructor (and to be honest: I prefer them to be as good as they are with diving).
After all, it is only a piece of plastic

Reinoud:
I got mine about 15 months after I passed. It took me several mails, but finally I got a personal excuse from Jarrod himself.
Paperwork does not seem to be the best quality of every instructor (and to be honest: I prefer them to be as good as they are with diving).
After all, it is only a piece of plastic

that explains it:) like i said i was just wondering

Spoon:

I took DIR-F around the same time as you (my last Fundies dive was on 31st July in Malaysia) and my card was mailed to me (in Bangkok, Thailand) postmarked Gainesville, FL, 1st of September 2005.

GUE is pretty good at answering e-mails; not fast but at least they answer...

Is there any benefit to having the card? I understand the benfit of the class - but the card only gets you into other GUE classes, right? Surely, if you sign up another class, your instructor can confirm your DIR-F pass with GUE. Do people who have completed Tec 1 or Cave 1 have similar delays in getting their cards?

Jackie

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom