DIR-F swimming requirement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i called bob about it...he said 50', 400...

i just took my fundies 2 days ago. i had to do 300 meters under 14 mins. was dreading this but i actiually did better than i thought. 8 mins flat and this was all backstroke. the underwater breath hold was 40ft for me.

we did this without our wetsuits. the tests are case to case basis and will vary depending on your instructors.

Randy43068:
I called my DIR-F instructor about it. He said it's a 300 yard swim in 14 minutes and 60' swim under water on a single breath.
50' swim

jepuskar:
What does 50' swim underwater actually mean? Face in water on surface breath holding?

Must requirements I've seen for an underwater swim require that no part of your body breaks the surface during the swim. I doubt they'd allow you to kick off the wall or anything if you're in a pool either.

entir body underwater. the key here is to taker your time. if you go in thrashing and making maximum distance in a shorter time, chances are youl deplete your air faster than you can make the distance

Same ole stuff the Y has been requiring of Open Water divers for 40 years...

CRDiver:
Same ole stuff the Y has been requiring of Open Water divers for 40 years...
Yup. There's nothing special about GUE's swim requirements.

jonnythan:
Yup. There's nothing special about GUE's swim requirements.

i never did that in padi :), i rea about it but 90% of instructors down here turn a blind eye on this.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom