DIR-F class coming to our NY/NJ/PA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of the food... do any of you have a cooler to put the refreshments in? This would also go for the sandwiches that we should also get since we won't have time to go anywhere else and will be having lunch right on the DS premises. I think it is fair to say that we should provide enough of that stuff for MHK and the cameraman. Any info where we can order cold cuts nearby the DS area? (I don’t think we should worry about filling the cooler with ice, it’s December!)

ok-I am bring cold cuts, bread, mustard and mayo and some home made antipasto.

Meanshile, my LDS messed up and my tanks may not be O2 cleaned and filled for tomorrow, so I may be on air. IF the storm is really bad I may not have tanks!

What time are you folks arriving?

Ken

kwesler once bubbled...
ok-I am bring cold cuts, bread, mustard and mayo and some home made antipasto.

Meanshile, my LDS messed up and my tanks may not be O2 cleaned and filled for tomorrow, so I may be on air. IF the storm is really bad I may not have tanks!

What time are you folks arriving?

Ken

I will have two OMS tanks (112 and 125) for you if you want. I am diving doubles myself, so I won;t need to use the tanks, but I will bring them just in case. Cheers!

Thanks for bringing the food! The weather looks ok, so we are still ON.

-Vadim

my thoughts are with you this weekend. i am sure you will learn a lot. you gotta love vadim's comment though: "the weather looks ok". high 20s/low 30s, snow every day and some stiff winds too boot. i wonder what kind of weather would not look ok to you :wacko:

docmartin once bubbled...
my thoughts are with you this weekend. i am sure you will learn a lot. you gotta love vadim's comment though: "the weather looks ok". high 20s/low 30s, snow every day and some stiff winds too boot. i wonder what kind of weather would not look ok to you :wacko:

hey! I am from Russia, what do you expect. But on a serious note, just got a call from Stu... oh well, they will be closed this weekend. So I guess no class :-( MHK is on the plane as we speak, so this sux big time.

bummer!

VTernovski once bubbled...

hey! I am from Russia, what do you expect. But on a serious note, just got a call from Stu... oh well, they will be closed this weekend. So I guess no class :-( MHK is on the plane as we speak, so this sux big time.

bummer!

Why don't you go to beach 6st.. I have done Plenty of snow dives there... The water will be warmer than the air....

if you stay behind the jettys at 6th or 9th sts you can stay out of the current.. If you hit the tides correctly you can still get to 45 ft without a problem..

Any reason the skills couldn't be practiced as a confined water excercise? Say at the bottom of warm water at the old local YMCA?

Guys - sorry to hear of the cancellation! thats a major bummer. On the other hand, when its rescheduled, I will very likely join you!! Keep me posted.

Izzy

Back
Top Bottom