DIR-F class coming to our NY/NJ/PA area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VTernovski

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear fellow divers:

I am writing this with the interest to have GUE instructors teach the DIR-F (fundamentals of DIR diving) class in our NY/NJ/PA area.

With Michael Kane’s permission, I am posting this general announcement to “test the ground” and get a feel of who would be interested in taking this class. It is proposed for December 6-7, 2003 weekend, and will be conducted at Dutch Springs. Michael Kane (a.k.a. MHK on this board) kindly agreed to fly down to NY and teach the class, with a very minimum class fee. The purpose of the class is not so much based on making money from the class tuition, but rather focusing on introducing DIR diving to the East Coast.

For more information about GUE, DIR and the class, you can reference GUE website at http://www.gue.com and you can also contact MHK directly at MHK@gue.com

Please send me a private message or email MHK directly if you are interested to take this class and find out the details and on reduced fee. (if you contact MHK directly, please mention my name – Vadim - so that he gives you a special reduced fee for this class)

If Jen and I weren't moving to FLA in a few months, we'd be the first to sign up. All things considered I'd rather take the class where it's a bit warmer. Good luck getting it together though.

ScottyK once bubbled...
If Jen and I weren't moving to FLA in a few months, we'd be the first to sign up. All things considered I'd rather take the class where it's a bit warmer. Good luck getting it together though.
Hey, I thought you were postponing that move a semester so you can do more wreck valley diving??

Vadim-
I'm interested in the class.
I don't know if I'd be able to do it in december though.
I still need a dry suit and other cold water gear.
Which I'm planning on over the winter.

Maybe you could do it in the spring?

XJae once bubbled...
Hey, I thought you were postponing that move a semester so you can do more wreck valley diving??

We'll be leaving enough family and freinds behind to justify lots of trips back up. I bet I'll be living in Florida and still do more local diving up here than some of you residents :D

Just sent off the email to MHK...

Brrrrr. Gonna be chilly, methinks.

jonnythan once bubbled...
Just sent off the email to MHK...

Brrrrr. Gonna be chilly, methinks.
I just ordered some extry watm undies from Cabelas :)

for the class...

One caveat-I am a CEO and our fiscal year ends 12/31 so there is always a chance of a late issue that will stop me from coming...

Ken

kwesler once bubbled...
for the class...

One caveat-I am a CEO and our fiscal year ends 12/31 so there is always a chance of a late issue that will stop me from coming...

Ken

Hey Ken,

I'm an accountant so I'm sure the close-out issues can wait over the weekend ;-)

Hope to see you guys there..

Thanks

I just registered, and saw by your GUE bio you do entertainment work-my field as well!...let's spend five minutes talking shop and I can write the whole thing off!

Ken:D

It's time to belly up to the bar! I am signed up, and I am sending my deposit off to MHK tomorrow. Who's in?

Ken

Back
Top Bottom