Din Plugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mad1

Reaction score
I am searching for info on DIN plugs, want something to screw in to protect threads, drop damage etc. stainless,carbon, threads per inch etc. any info????

Trident has some that my local shop carries. They are made of Delrin.

Hope this helps. I don't know the thread count but I am sure someone will follow me with more information.

Chad

...plastic or delrin won't protect the threads from a solid hit.

One of our buddies let his tanks roll around in the back of the truck like a stewpidhead and sure enough had to buy a new valve... doesn't take much of a hit to egg shape the opening.

Now if you store and transport your tanks properly you shouldn't have anything to worry about... except we heard that the border crossing into Canada required all tanks to have plugs.

Instead of paying $10 each for delrin I paid 30¢ each for some threaded 3/4" PVC pipe plugs. They fit loose but at least gave the illusion that the valve was plugged.

Turns out it wasn't required... at least we were never checked... but Mr. Stewpidhead had already bought several of the $10 variety and still uses them.

I dont have any of them myself but I guess you would put a wrench on the plug might blow out the o-ring on it though. But that reminded me one time I was in the garage tinkering with scuba gear and a neighbor kid wanders over he's about 8 years old .I was just about to tell him not to touch anything when he cranks open a valve on a full tank . boy did he run scared the willies out of him . I havent seen him since [good thing ].
joens

I was going to ask the samething if you have a tank 3500psi and a plug without a hole in it and no way to let the pressure off. I would not want to be the guy with the wrench. I use pvc. works great.:bonk:

DIN tank valve cover

Being pliable, it slipps easily on and off the valve. It's not used to protect the valve from damage, it's used to keep the dust/dirt out of the valve.

I've used the hard delrin on both my tank valves and DIN regs but the string attaching them always get in the way when you start screwing it in/down. This one just slips over.

I also use one similar for my regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom