digital instructor manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N² - O² diver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does someone now what would be the latest version off the padi digital instructor manual.

I've received an manual where the cover off the cd-rom says instructor manual 2008.
After installation it appears an manual from 2007.

An does someone now the right email adres to contact padi to this matter ?

greetz

Gregory

PADI Europe:
Phone: +41-52-3041414
Email:
English: memberen@padi.ch
French: memberfr@padi.ch

P.S. By the way, can you report back on what they do for you, please? I got one like that too but just ignored it.

The real update I want is the 2009 one after they change the table requirements.

R..

Last edited:
N² - O² diver;4518220:
've received an manual where the cover off the cd-rom says instructor manual 2008.

Just double check that it doesn't say in small print on the front page og GS&P something like:

"Incoporates all training bulletins through to November 2008"

I've send an email to memberen@padi.ch as Diver0001 adviced.
As soon as i have some new information i'll post it on Scubaboard.
In the meantime i do hope that the standard procedures are just the same,because i already started learning them.

greetz

N² - O² diver;4519901:
I've send an email to memberen@padi.ch as Diver0001 adviced.
As soon as i have some new information i'll post it on Scubaboard.
In the meantime i do hope that the standard procedures are just the same,because i already started learning them.

greetz
Email was read and answered.
" Dear Gregory

Thanks for your email.

Please let me know, if in which country you live and if you are already a Divemaster or Assistant Instructor.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Kind Regards"

Now i have to wait unthill the following email.

This is the latest answer i have from padi

Dear Gregory
Thank you for your response.
Questions came up regarding the new version 2008 of the PADI Instructor Manual. The instructor guides point at the front page “Version 2007” whereas the cover and the CD cover show “Version 2008”. This is correct and not a mistake.

PADI decided two years ago and communicated last year that changes of standards will be accumulated and implemented with a two year frequency. There might be exceptions when safety-related modifications are imposing immediate implementation. This means that currently arising modifications will become valid for the “Version 2009” at the end of this year. In this way it should be made easier for members to keep an overview of the new standards as we are communicating and implementing them in one step.

The next revision, thus another new version, can be expected to be issued for 2009. The modifications will be published in the 3rd quarter 2008 Training Bulletin.

To get the latest version, please provide your PADI number or get back to your Course Director.

Thank you for your cooperation.

N² - O² diver;4523053:
This is the latest answer i have from padi

Dear Gregory
Thank you for your response.
Questions came up regarding the new version 2008 of the PADI Instructor Manual. The instructor guides point at the front page “Version 2007” whereas the cover and the CD cover show “Version 2008”. This is correct and not a mistake.

PADI decided two years ago and communicated last year that changes of standards will be accumulated and implemented with a two year frequency. There might be exceptions when safety-related modifications are imposing immediate implementation. This means that currently arising modifications will become valid for the “Version 2009” at the end of this year. In this way it should be made easier for members to keep an overview of the new standards as we are communicating and implementing them in one step.

The next revision, thus another new version, can be expected to be issued for 2009. The modifications will be published in the 3rd quarter 2008 Training Bulletin.

To get the latest version, please provide your PADI number or get back to your Course Director.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I do not have a padi number because i am a IDEA divemaster :depressed:
And my course director said i should be complaining with padi. So how do i have to succeed succesfully in my IE. If i do not succeed succesfully in my IE i do not have a job to pay the bills for. :depressed:

There are quite a lot of places on the web where you can download the latest version of the PADI instructor manual.

I mean, so people tell me. I would never dream of doing something like that.

The 2009 digital manual is out and instructors who renewed on time in 2008 should have received it by now. I'm not certain if it's sent to DMs in all areas. The updates regarding tables and computers were made after the 2009 manual was issued and are available in the 3rd quarter bulletin which is available on the PADI website. The changes will be reflected in the 2010 which will also be severely cut down in size.

Cheers

C.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom