Digital Depth Timer for Suunto Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lloyd_borrett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
G'day,

I currently dive using a Suunto Vytec DS with air transmitter on my wrist, plus a Suunto CB-Double-In-Line Console Combo with SM-36 pressure gauge, SM-16 depth gauge and SK-7 compass. The pressure and depth gauges are on the front, with the compass on the back.

I'm looking to replace the SM-16 depth gauge in the console with a suitable digital depth gauge / bottom timer combination. The Suunto SM-16 depth gauge is 6cm in diameter and about 2.7 cm deep.

The Uwatec Digital Depth Timer seems a popular choice as a bottom timer. But I'm told it's only 5cm in diameter. Does anyone know if the Uwatec can fit as a replacement for the SM-16 depth gauge in the Suunto console?

Or would I be better off getting something like a Suunto Gekko or Vyper and using it in gauge mode as my backup digital depth timer? Is there anyone out there doing this, and if so, which would you recommend?

Best Regards, Lloyd Borrett.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom