Diagram of Whiskey Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CivilE.. Pauls point of keeping off the bike path should be well taken I paid the price for a back tire just verily on it as far as the no trespassing I have never had a problem or heard of anyone else just stay to the vacant lot carful though pulling off into the sand it is very unforgiving in that area A little hint for you Down Under’s map is wrong on where it is. I don’t think it has been updated since Danny or George little lone Ivan

The wreck is large and at times very long and interesting. One last hint for you It is not beyond the second sandbar as some say it is between them it is about half the distance out that the Whiskey wreck is ...Do you Spearfish any? If so maybe when the water warms a tad one day this Summer we could go and get a few fish off it if you would like.

Screw the fish, let's go lobstering, Tom!

I've got several detailed drawings of the Whiskey in my logbook at different stages of relief being uncovered.

When its uncovered, it can be a great dive. Visibility can be 50'+(albeit rare). I've seen it with 14' of relief off the sand bottom.

Last year, there was far more Whiskey Wreck relief than Paddle Wheeler relief, by far. The Whiskey Wreck has since started covering back up, I haven't been to the Paddle Wheeler in a while to check on conditions, so I can't say which would make a better dive at this time. Its about that time to check up on her though :)

The last time I was at Paul's Shrimpboat, the relief in total would have been similar to the size of a large SUV. Still had fish on it though, bring a snorkel and leave the tanks in the car.

Completed Apprentice Cave this weekend. Full Cave had to be post-poned due to the instructor's sinus infection being aggrivated. Can't blame anyone for health reasons, still had lots of great non-class dives on Monday and Tuesday! :D

Completed Apprentice Cave this weekend. Full Cave had to be post-poned due to the instructor's sinus infection being aggrivated. Can't blame anyone for health reasons, still had lots of great non-class dives on Monday and Tuesday! :D

Congratulations Matt!

I am looking forward to getting some dives in with you this weekend in Central FL. I will be driving to Florida on Friday, and staying at Dive Outpost.

I've got several detailed drawings of the Whiskey in my logbook at different stages of relief being uncovered.

When its uncovered, it can be a great dive. Visibility can be 50'+(albeit rare). I've seen it with 14' of relief off the sand bottom.

Last year, there was far more Whiskey Wreck relief than Paddle Wheeler relief, by far. The Whiskey Wreck has since started covering back up, I haven't been to the Paddle Wheeler in a while to check on conditions, so I can't say which would make a better dive at this time. Its about that time to check up on her though :)

The last time I was at Paul's Shrimpboat, the relief in total would have been similar to the size of a large SUV. Still had fish on it though, bring a snorkel and leave the tanks in the car.

I figured you'd have something you could share. :)

Sorry about you missing out on Full Cave. I'm sure you won't have any problems with it.

Thank you soo much again for picking up my regs. :)

Thanks for all the responses.

I plan on diving the Whiskey Wreck with two other divers from Slidell, LA on April 27th, weather permitting. If anyone wants to join us, please feel welcome.

We are planning on hitting it around 9ish am. Tides won't be ideal but we just want to get wet.

Thanks for all the responses.

I plan on diving the Whiskey Wreck with two other divers from Slidell, LA on April 27th, weather permitting. If anyone wants to join us, please feel welcome.

We are planning on hitting it around 9ish am. Tides won't be ideal but we just want to get wet.

I am planning on going to Jazz Fest that weekend if anyone wants to meet up.

How far from Slidell is the Whiskey wreck? I live off I-12 just past Hammond from you.

Mat, tell me if I'm wrong but,....

Google Maps

Center of that picture is roughly where the Whiskey Wreck is. If you right click the center of the page and get directions to here, you will see here it is in relation to you in Hammond. :)

EDITL Actually, here you go:

from: hammond, la to: AL-182/W Beach Blvd @30.246752, -87.698908 - Google Maps

Aw shoot! All you had to say is that its in Mat's backyard. :)

That's closer than Marianna I guess. If you guys go on the 26th, let me know. I'll try to make it there. I need to pass right thru Slidell. Maybe we could carpool?

I can usually make it to the Gulf Shores area in about 2.5 hrs from Slidell.

You should add another 40-45 minutes on the trip for you since you are near Hammond. You are welcome to come with us. I will post a reminder the week before the 27th...

Do you Spearfish any? If so maybe when the water warms a tad one day this Summer we could go and get a few fish off it if you would like.

I may have to take you up on that offer. I'd like to get into spear fishing at some point, but I feel that I need to get a few more dives under my belt before I start toting around a gun. I've been thinking about going ahead and picking up a pole though. Either way, I'd love to check out the paddle wheeler.

:cheers:

CivilE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom