Diagram of Whiskey Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a little zodiac to get to the beach legally, but SBM has never volunteered to take me (or anyone that I know of), the Paddlewheeler is a tightly kept secret, let me tell you!

He invited me once but, I wasn't able to go. Although, he did say I'd be blind folded. :)

I have a little zodiac to get to the beach legally, but SBM has never volunteered to take me (or anyone that I know of), the Paddlewheeler is a tightly kept secret, let me tell you!

Here's my philosophy. If someone shares a secret with me I'm obligated to keep it. If I discover something on my own I'm free to tell the world. :wink:

Well I've been to one spring in the pan-handle (hard to get to tho) that Mat's keeping a secret, so maybe I'll be let in on the Paddlewheeler or Shrimpboat soon :)

Well I've been to one spring in the pan-handle (hard to get to tho) that Mat's keeping a secret, so maybe I'll be let in on the Paddlewheeler or Shrimpboat soon :)

Uh, Mat's official name must be used - "Paul's Shrimpboat". I'm not sure what kind of wave action you've had, but it was mostly covered the last time I was out there.

The Paddlewheeler is very nice...

Hey Paul, have you noticed how quiet Mat has been lately? He is either keeping a low profile...maybe a Hooters restraining order or something.....or the dark side (cavers) have him held hostage.:D

Uh, Mat's official name must be used - "Paul's Shrimpboat". I'm not sure what kind of wave action you've had, but it was mostly covered the last time I was out there.

The Paddlewheeler is very nice...

I just got off the phone with Mat. He's in Marinna(?) at Edd's shop. He is about to head home, if he hasn't left already. I'll let him give his report.

Ohh, he picked up my regs for me too. I owe him lunch at Hooters. :wink:

Yeah, he's just finishing up his apprentice/full Cave courses. I was making sure to rib him some while he wasn't near scubaboard :)

Actually no. I'll let him tell you all when he gets online. :)

I've been wanting to check out the Paddle Wheeler for some time now, but haven't been diving with anyone who was really interested. I was recently told by the guys at Down Under that it is not easily accessible by land any more because of some new property owners who aren't too keen on "trespassers". Is this not the case?

CivilE

CivilE.. Pauls point of keeping off the bike path should be well taken I paid the price for a back tire just verily on it as far as the no trespassing I have never had a problem or heard of anyone else just stay to the vacant lot carful though pulling off into the sand it is very unforgiving in that area A little hint for you Down Under’s map is wrong on where it is. I don’t think it has been updated since Danny or George little lone Ivan

The wreck is large and at times very long and interesting. One last hint for you It is not beyond the second sandbar as some say it is between them it is about half the distance out that the Whiskey wreck is ...Do you Spearfish any? If so maybe when the water warms a tad one day this Summer we could go and get a few fish off it if you would like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom