DGX free shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just found out that the limits to get free shipping from DGX have recently been doubled for the contiguous USA from 49$ to 99$. I just wanted to share here as many are buying gear there. Shipping via FREE Super Saver
Who buys less than $100 worth of dive gear at a time? I could probably cut my orders in half and still not have a problem:rofl3:

It may be a medical condition.....

Who buys less than $100 worth of dive gear at a time? I could probably cut my orders in half and still not have a problem:rofl3:

It may be a medical condition.....
You missed the part where it has doubled again, it is now $199.

When the free shipping was at $49, it was easy to find $49 in stuff to buy, so I ordered from them all the time. When it jumped up to $99, I can save up a list of items I need and every few months have enough for a $99 order. At $199, I can't see myself ordering from DGX much if at all. While DGX has good prices, they aren't THAT good. And if I am saving up a list for $199, I am likely to get impatient and just pay the extra dollar or two for the bolt snap at one of the cave country dive shops.

This is me all the way. I do like DGX a lot, but I very rarely buy $200 worth of stuff. I'd get too impatient and would just pony up for somewhere else.

Well......still the same:whistling:

Not really... for most of us I would bet exceeding $100 doesn't happen but once or twice a year. At a certain point after you get all your gear it's just maintinence things, and that never amounts to $200.. An inflator, maybe some o rings, parts? A valve? What exceeds $200 often after the initial purchases?

I know me personally buying from DGX was almost at a halt @ $100 = free shipping. @ $200 (which I 100% understand why they did it in all this mess) they probably won't see any business from me for a long time.

Not really... for most of us I would bet exceeding $100 doesn't happen but once or twice a year. At a certain point after you get all your gear it's just maintinence things, and that never amounts to $200.. An inflator, maybe some o rings, parts? A valve? What exceeds $200 often after the initial purchases?

I know me personally buying from DGX was almost at a halt @ $100 = free shipping. @ $200 (which I 100% understand why they did it in all this mess) they probably won't see any business from me for a long time.

So who are you going to buy from then? I think the demand for free shipping has gotten out of hand. The costs for shipping of all sorts have gone through the roof.

The dive shop close to my office (mainly recreational shop that does a few tech classes) charges $15 for an XL bolt snap. Do you really think I’m going to pay that? I don’t worry about free shipping from DGX. I buy a lot of small stuff when I do order to make sure I have extras.

So who are you going to buy from then? I think the demand for free shipping has gotten out of hand. The costs for shipping of all sorts have gone through the roof.

The dive shop close to my office (mainly recreational shop that does a few tech classes) charges $15 for an XL bolt snap. Do you really think I’m going to pay that? I don’t worry about free shipping from DGX. I buy a lot of small stuff when I do order to make sure I have extras.

Well for starters just the fact that it has me second guessing an order at all is kind of the point of the post. And I'm not alone in that apparently.

I 100% get why they did what they did, and I don't think that anyone "demanded" free shipping. It's just an incentive to buy more stuff from the store... nothing is really "free" anyway. We've all just become accustomed to it.

I'd give DGX the benefit of the doubt and would go so far as to say they've kept there other prices the same and are just matching the "free shipping after $199" to match whatever shipping has become.... but we've also seen their prices on items start to inch up as well. To me free shipping @ $199 might as well be no free shipping at all.... again, just for me.

I still like DGX. If I'm in S FL this year I'll probably stop in and buy some more stuff. They haven't lost all of my business, I'm not mad, I think the world sucks for all the shipping hikes and inflation going on. It might not be their fault.. but if I had to guess I would bet it would effect sales some.

Let me put it this way, "free" shipping allowed me to be a lot more impulsive buying crap. $200 to me is not something that I would spend impulsively. That's just me... I know there's people on here who could care less.... probably didn't even know they were getting free shipping from DGX when they did, lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom