Deparate Housewives anti Filipino ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Filipina living in the US sent me this. This is pretty rude and I find it hard to believe that the show actually aired with this remark. Anyone see it?

I heard through the grapevine about a remark made on an episode of
"Desperate Housewives" last night. The scene entailed Teri Hatcher's
character (Susan) at a hospital, being told by her gynecologist that
she might be hitting menopause. Susan replied, "Can I just check those
diplomas because I just want to make sure that they are not from some
med school in the Philippines." If you go to abc.com, you watch the
full episode and witness the scene at about 18:50 minutes into the
episode.

you know..I saw that and thought it was kinda interesting.

the show is pretty spoofy and pretty much all groups gets made fun of. You could even say that they were making fun of a cloistered white suburban housewife by having her say that.....

when the latina housewife calls the cops on her husband when she locks him out she describes him and then adds "oh..and I think he was Mexican"

Oh, and Hank, I bet you really love the "hey, what do you think this is, a bananna republic?!" ( we have one operator that is always saying that to the customers....)

Is there much of anything on US television that doesn't insult something... mainly our intelligence? Oh, wait... there's my TV show "Dive Dry with Dr. Bill!"

I agree watching most American Television is an insult to ones intelligence, that is unless you are watching "Rosie O'Dumbell" formerly of "The View":wink:. Anyway, let's go diving!!:D

I like "the family guy".
History channel, Discovery, tales of the gun, and Nature channel, oh and of course STAR TREK!
beyond that,...............mostly garbage.

I

dingle tard...good one...ok, guess I took it the wrong way...sorry squidly. Glad to see other Americans that have served their country. Good on ya.

dingle tard...good one...ok, guess I took it the wrong way...sorry squidly. Glad to see other Americans that have served their country. Good on ya.

And I wasnt trying to insult you just having a little fun. I do think that everyone should show a little more pride for their country but not at the expense of others. They pronanly could have worded it differently and still been funny as hell.

FYI
I eat red meat
I still cry when they play "Im proud to be an american"
I love my right to bear arms.
I am an American. :)

you know..I saw that and thought it was kinda interesting.

the show is pretty spoofy and pretty much all groups gets made fun of. You could even say that they were making fun of a cloistered white suburban housewife by having her say that.....

when the latina housewife calls the cops on her husband when she locks him out she describes him and then adds "oh..and I think he was Mexican"

Oh, and Hank, I bet you really love the "hey, what do you think this is, a bananna republic?!" ( we have one operator that is always saying that to the customers....)

Actually, I've never seen Desparate Housewives, or any network TV show in the last 20 years or so, so I have no idea in what context the comment was made. But you're right, it makes the woman saying it look worse than any Filipino doctor or college of medicine. Is she blonde? :D

OM!!! I just heard them refer to this on the news... could there be anyone/thing who's opinion is more worthless and irrelevant than Desperate Housewives and ABC.... jezz .... grow a pair

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3686747

RV:
OM!!! I just heard them refer to this on the news... could there be anyone/thing who's opinion is more worthless and irrelevant than Desperate Housewives and ABC.... jezz .... grow a pair

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=3686747

Lighten up Rambo. A friend sent me the post. I have never seen the show and obviously made a mistake in allowing it to piss me off a bit. My humble apologies to all.
I only hope I can grow up to be a real man like you. :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom