Deparate Housewives anti Filipino ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hank49

Contributor
Reaction score
A Filipina living in the US sent me this. This is pretty rude and I find it hard to believe that the show actually aired with this remark. Anyone see it?

I heard through the grapevine about a remark made on an episode of
"Desperate Housewives" last night. The scene entailed Teri Hatcher's
character (Susan) at a hospital, being told by her gynecologist that
she might be hitting menopause. Susan replied, "Can I just check those
diplomas because I just want to make sure that they are not from some
med school in the Philippines." If you go to abc.com, you watch the
full episode and witness the scene at about 18:50 minutes into the
episode.

If people (phillipinos included) take offense to that they need to lighten up. How many med schools are in the phillipines? & are they as well known as say Harvard?
The way all this PC Bu%%#$it is going we won't even be able to fart w/out offending one group or another.

I find this hard to believe...it's probably like one of those Art Bell stories...

Erie, maybe you need to lighten up too. Also, it's Filipinos, not Phillipinos...and Philippines is a proper noun, as such, the first letter should be upper-case.

Srry, my bad. Just seems these days you can't refference anything w/out someone throwing a hissy fit. It's all getting a lil outta hand if you ask me. just my $.02

It's cool mate. I'm Filipino and I'm surprised too as to what the fuss is about as well...

It's cool mate. I'm Filipino and I'm surprised too as to what the fuss is about as well...

I'm not Filipino by blood, but I take offense to it as a former resident. As an American I take offense to it too. It makes US look stupid.

holy overreaction batman

Wow!!! The Michelle Malkin thing really takes this somewhere!!!! Interesting!

In my view..................

The act of being insulted by ANYTHING said on Desperate Housewives is, in itself, an insult. Give me a break. I run a local dive store. Look at all of the stuff on this very website about local dive stores. Am I insulted? Of course not!

Phil Ellis

In my view..................

The act of being insulted by ANYTHING said on Desperate Housewives is, in itself, an insult. Give me a break. I run a local dive store. Look at all of the stuff on this very website about local dive stores. Am I insulted? Of course not!

Phil Ellis
Bingo! There's not a thing that bunch of air-headed hollyweird ding-dongs has to say that's worth listening to. Michelle Malkin is spot on.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom